Digital TV News: Steve Shannon
Tetra TV launches advertising network for connected TV
Apr 30, 2019 – Tetra TV has announced the launch of the industry's first connected TV-focused advertising network. Through pooling television ad inventory from more than 100 top streaming video content channels, Tetra TV delivers highly targeted campaigns at scale for advertisers.
News categories: Tetra TV, Jim Lombard, Steve Shannon, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
DIRECTV NOW available on Roku boxes
May 30, 2017 – Roku has announced the availability of an early release of DIRECTV NOW on certain Roku devices in the U.S. Users of the devices can stream more than 120 live channels, as well as on demand, premium channels, popular shows, and hit movies.
News categories: AT&T, Roku, Brad Bentley, Steve Shannon, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast brings Xfinity TV Partner App to Roku devices
Apr 20, 2016 – Comcast has announced that later this year, Xfinity TV customers will be able to enjoy their cable subscription in the home via the new Xfinity TV Partner app designed for Roku TVs and Roku streaming players.
News categories: Roku, Comcast, Steve Shannon, Mark Hess, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Showtime partners with Roku and PlayStation Vue for streaming
Jun 8, 2015 – On the heels of announcing the SHOWTIME stand-alone streaming service, Showtime has partnered with Roku’s Roku players and Roku TV models and Sony Network Entertainment’s PlayStation Vue for the launch in early July.
News categories: Showtime, Roku, Sony Network Entertainment, Matthew C. Blank, Steve Shannon, Dwayne Benefield, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Roku powers Sky Online TV Box in Germany
Oct 30, 2014 – Roku and Sky Deutschland have announced that the companies have entered into a strategic agreement using the Roku® streaming platform for the development of the Sky Online TV Box. Sky Online is a new stand-alone online TV service from Sky.
News categories: Roku, Sky Deutschland, Steve Shannon, Alice Mascia, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Set Top Box
Roku Announces ‘Roku Powered’ Program
Sep 8, 2014 – Roku has announced the introduction of the Roku Powered program. Aimed at Pay TV providers outside of the US, Roku is licensing its technology to enable providers to use the Internet to deliver customized entertainment to consumers.
News categories: Roku, Steve Shannon, Emma Lloyd, Digital TV, IBC, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Roku partners with M-GO to bring instant access to movies and TV shows
Sep 25, 2013 – Roku® and M-GO have announced a new partnership. Located on the Roku home screen menu, new 'movies' and 'TV shows' shortcuts lead directly to the M-GO service and deliver the fastest way for consumers to start watching new releases and catalog classics.
News categories: Roku, M-GO, Steve Shannon, John Batter, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Freescale Semiconductor and RealD to Create New At-Home 3D Viewing Experience for Consumers
Jan 6, 2011 – Freescale has announced that it is collaborating with RealD (NYSE: RLD) to create an active 3D eyewear platform that provides realistic HD 3D TV viewing while solving certain technical and cost problems associated with infrared based systems.
News categories: Freescale, RealD, CES, Semiconductor, Smart Home, VR
PopBox™ Leverages RealD Technology to Bring 3D Cinema Experience to HDTVs
May 21, 2010 – PopBox™ has announced that in tandem with RealD it will equip all PopBox devices with the ability to display high-definition 3D content. PopBox is the first over-the-top set-top box to support the stereoscopic RealD Format.
News categories: RealD, PopBox, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, VR
- AdScribe supports Publitalia '80 HbbTV advertising in Italy
- SaT5G project demonstrates 5G over satellite use cases
- Comcast partners with Charter, Cox on addressable advertising
- Conversant uses Verimatrix Secure Cloud for multi-DRM security
- NCC Media and OpenAP announce advanced TV partnership
- ZTE and Orange show 5G in automotive, robotics and entertainment applications
- WarnerMedia chooses AsiaSat for HD distribution in Asia
- INNOPIA announces Vewd OS-based streaming device
- Sky Deutschland and MX1 expand collaboration
- SK Telecom, Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung partner on 5G and evolution to 6G
- Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
- Global advertising market to grow by +5% this year
- UniqCast to deliver turnkey hybrid TV solution to Mawarid Electronics
- Comcast launches eye-control for the television
- Anevia powers SKYmedia’s Sky GO OTT video service
- Brightcove publishes Asia OTT TV research report
- IQIYI reaches content distribution agreement with Astro Malaysia
- Harmonic enables Guangdong Radio and Television's UHD broadcasts
- Verimatrix and moTV.eu provide hybrid platform for Mongolsat Networks
- American Well and Cisco to expand telehealth in the home, via the TV