Digital TV News: Synaptics
Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
Nov 18, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that the new Swisscom Entertainment OS 4 STB is built on its far-field voice (FFV) IPTV reference design. The design integrates Synaptics' multimedia processor with FFV and a custom wake word to support Swisscom’s assistant.
News categories: Synaptics, Swisscom, Saleel Awsare, Peter Fregelius, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Switzerland
INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
Nov 13, 2019 – At the Android TV Bangkok Summit, INNOPIA officially announced a Netflix integrated, Android TV DVB-C Hybrid STB platform (IMT-M6900) based on its own DVB stack with Synaptics SoC and NAGRA Connect and Protect security clients.
News categories: INNOPIA, Synaptics, NAGRA, Netflix, HeeWon Park, Saleel Awsare, Maurice van Riek, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
Nov 12, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that its VideoSmart multimedia SoC is an approved Widevine CAS solution for Android TV. With castLabs, the trio will demonstrate an end-to-end Widevine CAS workflow at the APAC Android TV Summit.
News categories: Synaptics, castLabs, Widevine, Saleel Awsare, Brian Baker, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Synaptics to show Smart Edge AI media streamer solutions at IBC 2019
Sep 9, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that at IBC 2019 it will show edge computing demonstrations featuring its Smart Edge AI AudioSmart and VideoSmart SoCs with machine learning AI capabilities that target a new generation of emerging smart home devices.
News categories: Synaptics, Saleel Awsare, Digital TV, IBC2019, ICs, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Synaptics, Skyworth to offer turnkey Android TV streaming for pay TV operators
Sep 9, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) and Skyworth are partnering in the development of a turnkey platform, in hybrid, OTT and IPTV flavors, designed to enable TV service providers to deploy Pay TV services for the rapidly expanding Android TV market.
News categories: Synaptics, Skyworth, Saleel Awsare, Charlie Zheng, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Synaptics chosen by SK Broadband for voice-enabled B TV devices
Jan 7, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that its VideoSmart and AudioSmart IoT technologies have been selected by SK Broadband for its B TV consumer devices to be launched in 2019.
News categories: Synaptics, SK Broadband, Huibert Verhoeven, Sang Bum Lee, CES, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Synaptics and partners launch turnkey Android TV STB solution
Sep 12, 2018 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that with partners it has developed a turnkey platform for the Android TV market. The solution consists of Synaptics’ multimedia processor SoCs and iWedia’s STB software on hardware from Tonly.
News categories: Synaptics, iWedia, Tonly, Huibert Verhoeven, Nikola Teslić, David Huang, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Synaptics launches 4K HDR Set-Top-Box Processor
Sep 14, 2017 – Synaptics (NASDAQ:SYNA) has announced its VideoSmart BG5CT multimedia solution featuring 4K Advanced HDR video processing for the global set-top-box market. The BG5CT is the company’s sixth-generation of video processor.
News categories: Synaptics, Huibert Verhoeven, Digital TV, IBC2019, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Synaptics acquires Conexant and Marvell's Multimedia Solutions business
Jun 12, 2017 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that it has signed agreements to acquire Conexant Systems and the Multimedia Solutions Business of Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), to jumpstart its presence in the smart home market.
News categories: Synaptics, Conexant, Marvell, Rick Bergman, Jan Johannessen, Gaurav Shah, Digital TV, MnA, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware