Digital TV News: Tata Elxsi
Tata Elxsi unveils HEVC Ultra HD (4K) decoder for CE Devices
Apr 8, 2013 – Tata Elxsi has announced the availability of a licensable HEVC Ultra HD (4K) Decoder targeted for broadcast, video conferencing and proliferating smart CE device such as smartphones, tablets, set-top boxes and gaming consoles.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Media Player, NABShow
Tata Elxsi Licenses Comcast Reference Design Kit
Sep 6, 2012 – Tata Elxsi has announced that it has licensed the Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) RDK (Reference Design Kit). It will work with MSOs to optimize and enhance software and provide software development, integration and testing services for SoC and OEM vendors.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
Tata Elxsi Announces Hybrid CPE Reference Solution Supporting Live TV and IPTV
Jan 10, 2012 – Tata Elxsi has announced the Next Generation Hybrid STB reference solution derived from OCAP stack. This solution supports in-home distribution and content protection along with enhanced UX using Android framework.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, CES, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Tata Elxsi Announces Marlin-enabled Connected TV Solution based on Android
Sep 9, 2011 – Tata Elxsi has announced an Android-based Connected TV Solution based on Marlin DRM technology. The solution is designed for Broadcast, IPTV, and Video-on-Demand deployments. It integrates Marlin DRM technology for content protection and playback.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Marlin, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Panasonic Takes Connected TV to the Next Level With Launch of VIERA Connect™
Jan 5, 2011 – Panasonic (NYSE:PC; Tokyo:6752) has unveiled at CES, VIERA Connect™, an enhancement of its connected TV offering that includes expanded video streaming, two-way interactive features from gaming to social networking, and fitness programs.
News categories: Panasonic, CES, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Social TV
Technology Leaders Announce 'Marlin Partner Program' to Make Digital Content Interoperable Across Multiple Devices and Services
Oct 22, 2008 – Over twenty-five leading technology companies have joined forces to create the Marlin Partner Program (MPP). Members of the program can now deliver technology solutions that make digital content interoperable between consumer electronics devices.
News categories: Marlin, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Tablet
Verimatrix Announces Mobile TV Content Security Solution for Pay-TV Operators
Jun 16, 2008 – Verimatrix has announced the full profile of its comprehensive VCAS™ for Mobile TV solution to enable operators to deliver a seamless pay-TV service over mobile phones and other mobile Internet devices (MIDs).
News categories: Verimatrix, Tata Elxsi, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile
OMA BCAST 1.0 mobile TV interoperability tests held in Berlin
Jun 11, 2007 – bmcoforum members held a test camp from June 4-8, 2007 in Berlin targeting interoperable end-to-end solutions based on an initial implementation profile for mobile TV based on specifications of the Open Mobile Alliance.
News categories: bmcoforum, Open Mobile Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- egta survey shows continued transformation of the advertising industry