Digital TV News: Tata Elxsi
Tata Elxsi unveils HEVC Ultra HD (4K) decoder for CE Devices
Apr 8, 2013 – Tata Elxsi has announced the availability of a licensable HEVC Ultra HD (4K) Decoder targeted for broadcast, video conferencing and proliferating smart CE device such as smartphones, tablets, set-top boxes and gaming consoles.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Media Player, NABShow
Tata Elxsi Licenses Comcast Reference Design Kit
Sep 6, 2012 – Tata Elxsi has announced that it has licensed the Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) RDK (Reference Design Kit). It will work with MSOs to optimize and enhance software and provide software development, integration and testing services for SoC and OEM vendors.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
Tata Elxsi Announces Hybrid CPE Reference Solution Supporting Live TV and IPTV
Jan 10, 2012 – Tata Elxsi has announced the Next Generation Hybrid STB reference solution derived from OCAP stack. This solution supports in-home distribution and content protection along with enhanced UX using Android framework.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, CES, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Tata Elxsi Announces Marlin-enabled Connected TV Solution based on Android
Sep 9, 2011 – Tata Elxsi has announced an Android-based Connected TV Solution based on Marlin DRM technology. The solution is designed for Broadcast, IPTV, and Video-on-Demand deployments. It integrates Marlin DRM technology for content protection and playback.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Marlin, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Panasonic Takes Connected TV to the Next Level With Launch of VIERA Connect™
Jan 5, 2011 – Panasonic (NYSE:PC; Tokyo:6752) has unveiled at CES, VIERA Connect™, an enhancement of its connected TV offering that includes expanded video streaming, two-way interactive features from gaming to social networking, and fitness programs.
News categories: Panasonic, CES, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Social TV
Technology Leaders Announce 'Marlin Partner Program' to Make Digital Content Interoperable Across Multiple Devices and Services
Oct 22, 2008 – Over twenty-five leading technology companies have joined forces to create the Marlin Partner Program (MPP). Members of the program can now deliver technology solutions that make digital content interoperable between consumer electronics devices.
News categories: Marlin, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Tablet
Verimatrix Announces Mobile TV Content Security Solution for Pay-TV Operators
Jun 16, 2008 – Verimatrix has announced the full profile of its comprehensive VCAS™ for Mobile TV solution to enable operators to deliver a seamless pay-TV service over mobile phones and other mobile Internet devices (MIDs).
News categories: Verimatrix, Tata Elxsi, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile
OMA BCAST 1.0 mobile TV interoperability tests held in Berlin
Jun 11, 2007 – bmcoforum members held a test camp from June 4-8, 2007 in Berlin targeting interoperable end-to-end solutions based on an initial implementation profile for mobile TV based on specifications of the Open Mobile Alliance.
News categories: bmcoforum, Open Mobile Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box