Digital TV News: Tata Elxsi
Tata Elxsi RDK application suite for MStar STB chipsets
Feb 7, 2017 – Tata Elxsi has announced a partnership with MStar Semiconductor to provide a comprehensive suite of software for MStar’s System-on-a-Chip (SoC) targeted at Set-Top Boxes (STB).
News categories: Tata Elxsi, MStar Semi, Sreekumar K P, Bill Hsiung, Advertising, Content Protection, Digital TV, HTML5, Media Player, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Tata Elxsi joins the Frog by Wyplay Community
Jan 22, 2015 – Wyplay and Tata Elxsi have announced that the latter is joining as a key member of the 'Frog by Wyplay' community. Frog by Wyplay is the first independent open source software solution for pay-TV operators.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Wyplay, M. Thangarajan, Jacques Bourgninaud, India, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Tata Elxsi unveils HEVC Ultra HD (4K) decoder for CE Devices
Apr 8, 2013 – Tata Elxsi has announced the availability of a licensable HEVC Ultra HD (4K) Decoder targeted for broadcast, video conferencing and proliferating smart CE device such as smartphones, tablets, set-top boxes and gaming consoles.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Media Player, NABShow
Tata Elxsi Licenses Comcast Reference Design Kit
Sep 6, 2012 – Tata Elxsi has announced that it has licensed the Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) RDK (Reference Design Kit). It will work with MSOs to optimize and enhance software and provide software development, integration and testing services for SoC and OEM vendors.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2020, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
Tata Elxsi Announces Hybrid CPE Reference Solution Supporting Live TV and IPTV
Jan 10, 2012 – Tata Elxsi has announced the Next Generation Hybrid STB reference solution derived from OCAP stack. This solution supports in-home distribution and content protection along with enhanced UX using Android framework.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, CES2020, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Tata Elxsi Announces Marlin-enabled Connected TV Solution based on Android
Sep 9, 2011 – Tata Elxsi has announced an Android-based Connected TV Solution based on Marlin DRM technology. The solution is designed for Broadcast, IPTV, and Video-on-Demand deployments. It integrates Marlin DRM technology for content protection and playback.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Marlin, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2020, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Panasonic Takes Connected TV to the Next Level With Launch of VIERA Connect™
Jan 5, 2011 – Panasonic (NYSE:PC; Tokyo:6752) has unveiled at CES, VIERA Connect™, an enhancement of its connected TV offering that includes expanded video streaming, two-way interactive features from gaming to social networking, and fitness programs.
News categories: Panasonic, CES2020, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Social TV
Technology Leaders Announce 'Marlin Partner Program' to Make Digital Content Interoperable Across Multiple Devices and Services
Oct 22, 2008 – Over twenty-five leading technology companies have joined forces to create the Marlin Partner Program (MPP). Members of the program can now deliver technology solutions that make digital content interoperable between consumer electronics devices.
News categories: Marlin, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Tablet
Verimatrix Announces Mobile TV Content Security Solution for Pay-TV Operators
Jun 16, 2008 – Verimatrix has announced the full profile of its comprehensive VCAS™ for Mobile TV solution to enable operators to deliver a seamless pay-TV service over mobile phones and other mobile Internet devices (MIDs).
News categories: Verimatrix, Tata Elxsi, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs