Digital TV News: Tim O'Loughlin
Pace achieves Minerva certification for IPTV STBs
Oct 22, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that its IPTV set-top boxes (STB), including its Whole Home DVR system, have been certified by Minerva as meeting the requirements of the Minerva IPTV middleware platform.
News categories: Pace plc, Minerva, Tim O'Loughlin, Mauro Bonomi, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Mediacom rolls out Pace media gateway with TiVo user interface
Nov 18, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that Mediacom Communications has chosen to deploy the Pace MG1 Multi-tuner Media Gateway with TiVo’s Advanced User Interface (UI) as its flagship platform.
News categories: Pace plc, Mediacom, TiVo Inc, JR Walden, Tim O'Loughlin, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
GCI, Pace and TiVo launch platform for cable TV
Aug 12, 2013 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced its first deployment resulting from its partnership agreement with TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO). GCI, one of the 20 largest cable operators in North America, is rolling out the Pace XG1 Multi-tuner Video Gateway with TiVo's Advanced User Interface.
News categories: Pace plc, TiVo Inc, GCI, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Pace and Broadcom Develop Ultra-Fast IP Client with MoCA 2.0
Jan 7, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced an ultra-fast, high performance IP client set-top box with MoCA 2.0 and Wi-Fi connectivity, developed in partnership with Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) using the Xi3 product specification and RDK software developed by Comcast.
News categories: Pace plc, Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Pace Achieves Production Approval for DIRECTV 'Genie' Server and Client
Jan 7, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced the recent approval for production of its DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) HR44 'Genie' Media Server and C41 'mini Genie' device. These products are developed in compliance with the RVU protocol.
News categories: Pace plc, DIRECTV, RVU Alliance, Digital TV, Gateway, Placeshifting, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
TiVo and Pace Announce First Pace Product With TiVo Software Integration
May 21, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Pace (LSE: PIC) have announced details of the first product, the Pace XG1, resulting from a global partnership TiVo and Pace announced in February 2012 to develop flexible, advanced television solutions for operators.
News categories: Pace plc, TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, DVR, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
chumby and Pace Unveil chumby apps for TV Market
Jun 14, 2011 – chumby industries, a software company that provides a personalized Internet experience to a multitude of connected devices, and Pace (LSE: PIC) will unveil chumby apps on Pace set-top boxes at the Pace booth at The Cable Show in Chicago.
News categories: chumby, Pace plc, Apps, Set Top Box
Pace App Café brings online apps to managed TV services
Sep 11, 2010 – Pace (LSE: PIC) will be demonstrating its Pace App Café at IBC 2010. Launching initially in the USA, the Pace App Café is a service allowing pay TV operators to harness the potential of online applications within an integrated managed TV service.
News categories: Pace plc, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Social TV, USA
Pace Introduces First to Market Multiroom DVR Solution
Oct 26, 2009 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has revealed an advanced multiroom DVR solution, Home Content Sharing (HCS). Pace's HCS utilizes centralized storage and Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) software to connect multiple high definition (HD) set-top boxes within the home.
News categories: Pace plc, Rovi Corp, CTAM, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Home Server, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free
- Bloomberg TV+ 4K UHD channel launches on Samsung TV Plus
- LG transfers TV manufacturing capacity to Indonesia
- Nordija delivers TV and media platform for Telenor Sweden
- Telestream integrates Ad-ID validation to ensure correct ad placement
- AT&T closes DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela
- IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
- A1 Slovenia launches personalized TV with Zappware