Digital TV News: Tony Chang
DishTV and ALi Corp partner for DTH in India
Apr 15, 2016 – ALi Corporation and DishTV India have joined forces in a strategic partnership. The partnership project is based on ALi's STB technology including security tailored specifically to the India market.
News categories: ALi Corp, DishTV India, Tony Chang, V K Gupta, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Zappware and ALi announce strategic partnership
Jan 6, 2016 – Zappware and ALi have announced a strategic partnership in which Zappware solution is pre-integrated onto ALi’s platform. The partnership will enable Pay-TV providers and telecom operators to deliver feature-rich IPTV or hybrid services with highly responsive and personalized user experience.
News categories: Zappware, ALi Corp, Patrick Vos, Tony Chang, CES2020, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ALi chipset enables Adrenio STB deployments in Switzerland
Sep 9, 2015 – ALi Corporation has announced that it is collaborating with Adrenio to deploy high definition set-top boxes in Switzerland. Adrenio is a professional digital TV solution provider and system integrator serving about 200 independent cable operators in Switzerland.
News categories: ALi Corp, Adrenio, KAON Media, Tony Chang, Thomas Muehlehaler, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Switzerland
ADB Personal TV to be pre-integrated with ALi's STB chipsets
Sep 7, 2015 – ADB and ALi have announced a partnership to integrate ADB’s Personal TV software with ALi’s set-top box platform. The joint solution will support full HD1080P60, MVC video decoding and multi-stream, as well as features such as USB media, VOD and YouTube.
News categories: ALi Corp, Advanced Digital Broadcast, Tony Chang, Peter Balchin, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ALi adds HEVC to set-top box chipset lineup
Sep 1, 2015 – ALi has unveiled a family of SoC solutions that integrate High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) for hybrid cable, satellite, terrestrial and IP set-top boxes. ALi’s SoCs provide operators a solution for migration to HEVC.
News categories: ALi Corp, Tony Chang, Digital TV, IBC2019, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ALi and Mware integrate STB IPTV OTT middleware
May 20, 2015 – ALi Corporation has announced an IP Set-top-box integrating Mware middleware on ALi’s M3912 platform. The strategic collaboration between ALi and Mware delivers a turnkey end-to-end operation solution.
News categories: ALi Corp, Mware, Tony Chang, Sander Kerstens, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
WebTuner selects ALi STB chipsets
Apr 9, 2015 – ALi Corporation and WebTuner have announced a design and development partnership for secure, high performance, next generation over-the-top (OTT), TV Extenders, and Hybrid STB solutions.
News categories: ALi Corp, WebTuner, Tony Chang, Eduard Zaslavsky, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Terrestrial, Worldwide
ALi adds GINGA middleware support to STB platform
Apr 7, 2015 – ALi Corporation has announced its ready-to-produce set-top-box platform integrating GINGA middleware for Brazil's Analog Switch-off (ASO) initiative. ALi is collaborating with partners to deliver a cost-optimized design for the Brazilian market.
News categories: ALi Corp, Tony Chang, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
StarTimes deploys Conax-certified ALi-based set-top boxes
Mar 23, 2015 – ALi Corporation has announced that StarTimes has deployed Conax-certified set-top boxes based on ALi's chipsets to further expand their African markets. StarTimes has accumulated nearly 5 million subscribers across the continent.
News categories: Conax, ALi Corp, StarTimes, Morten Solbakken, Tony Chang, XinXing Pang, Africa, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019