Digital TV News: Tony Chang
DishTV and ALi Corp partner for DTH in India
Apr 15, 2016 – ALi Corporation and DishTV India have joined forces in a strategic partnership. The partnership project is based on ALi's STB technology including security tailored specifically to the India market.
News categories: ALi Corp, DishTV India, Tony Chang, V K Gupta, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Zappware and ALi announce strategic partnership
Jan 6, 2016 – Zappware and ALi have announced a strategic partnership in which Zappware solution is pre-integrated onto ALi’s platform. The partnership will enable Pay-TV providers and telecom operators to deliver feature-rich IPTV or hybrid services with highly responsive and personalized user experience.
News categories: Zappware, ALi Corp, Patrick Vos, Tony Chang, CES2020, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ALi chipset enables Adrenio STB deployments in Switzerland
Sep 9, 2015 – ALi Corporation has announced that it is collaborating with Adrenio to deploy high definition set-top boxes in Switzerland. Adrenio is a professional digital TV solution provider and system integrator serving about 200 independent cable operators in Switzerland.
News categories: ALi Corp, Adrenio, KAON Media, Tony Chang, Thomas Muehlehaler, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Switzerland
ADB Personal TV to be pre-integrated with ALi's STB chipsets
Sep 7, 2015 – ADB and ALi have announced a partnership to integrate ADB’s Personal TV software with ALi’s set-top box platform. The joint solution will support full HD1080P60, MVC video decoding and multi-stream, as well as features such as USB media, VOD and YouTube.
News categories: ALi Corp, Advanced Digital Broadcast, Tony Chang, Peter Balchin, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ALi adds HEVC to set-top box chipset lineup
Sep 1, 2015 – ALi has unveiled a family of SoC solutions that integrate High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) for hybrid cable, satellite, terrestrial and IP set-top boxes. ALi’s SoCs provide operators a solution for migration to HEVC.
News categories: ALi Corp, Tony Chang, Digital TV, IBC2019, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ALi and Mware integrate STB IPTV OTT middleware
May 20, 2015 – ALi Corporation has announced an IP Set-top-box integrating Mware middleware on ALi’s M3912 platform. The strategic collaboration between ALi and Mware delivers a turnkey end-to-end operation solution.
News categories: ALi Corp, Mware, Tony Chang, Sander Kerstens, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
WebTuner selects ALi STB chipsets
Apr 9, 2015 – ALi Corporation and WebTuner have announced a design and development partnership for secure, high performance, next generation over-the-top (OTT), TV Extenders, and Hybrid STB solutions.
News categories: ALi Corp, WebTuner, Tony Chang, Eduard Zaslavsky, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Terrestrial, Worldwide
ALi adds GINGA middleware support to STB platform
Apr 7, 2015 – ALi Corporation has announced its ready-to-produce set-top-box platform integrating GINGA middleware for Brazil's Analog Switch-off (ASO) initiative. ALi is collaborating with partners to deliver a cost-optimized design for the Brazilian market.
News categories: ALi Corp, Tony Chang, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
StarTimes deploys Conax-certified ALi-based set-top boxes
Mar 23, 2015 – ALi Corporation has announced that StarTimes has deployed Conax-certified set-top boxes based on ALi's chipsets to further expand their African markets. StarTimes has accumulated nearly 5 million subscribers across the continent.
News categories: Conax, ALi Corp, StarTimes, Morten Solbakken, Tony Chang, XinXing Pang, Africa, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation