Digital TV News: Wayne Purboo
Quickplay and You.i TV partner to deliver OTT experiences
Apr 12, 2016 – Quickplay has announced a new partnership with You.i TV, creator of a multiscreen application development platform for video applications, enabling Pay-TV operators and content programmers to build custom multiscreen applications.
News categories: Quickplay, You.i TV, Wayne Purboo, Jason Flick, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Quickplay powers HOOQ OTT TV service
Apr 8, 2015 – Quickplay has announced that its managed video platform is powering the HOOQ OTT TV service. HOOQ, now launched in the Philippines, delivers Hollywood blockbusters and TV series, as well as local movies and programmes, to customers anytime.
News categories: Quickplay, HOOQ, Wayne Purboo, Peter G. Bithos, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, OTT, Philippines, Thailand
Quickplay demonstrates LTE Broadcast with Qualcomm at MWC15
Mar 2, 2015 – Quickplay has announced plans to integrate LTE Broadcast capabilities into its managed video platform. The solution will allow mobile operators who are using an LTE Broadcast solution from Qualcomm to deliver video over mobile devices and networks.
News categories: Quickplay, Qualcomm, Wayne Purboo, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC19, Semiconductor
QuickPlay Expands Content Security Capabilities for Multiscreen Video Services
Apr 19, 2012 – QuickPlay Media has announced enhancements to its OpenVideo platform. New content security features include additional integrations with AuthenTec to support PlayReady for Live TV and full certification by Google Widevine for Live TV and VOD.
News categories: QuickPlay Media, AuthenTec, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, OTT
Bell introduces enhanced Mobile TV player powered by QuickPlay Media
Mar 1, 2012 – Bell Canada (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has announced enhancements to its Mobile TV service. Powered by QuickPlay Media, the new Bell Mobile TV player delivers access to live and on-demand sports, news, entertainment and children's programming.
News categories: QuickPlay, Bell Canada, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile
PrimeTime2Go™ Mobile TV Service Extended to Motorola Android-Powered Smartphones
May 18, 2010 – QuickPlay Media has announced the availability of its PrimeTime2Go™ mobile TV service on Android-powered Motorola devices, including the Motorola CLIQ™, BACKFLIP™, CLIQ XT™ and DROID by Motorola (NYSE: MOT).
News categories: QuickPlay Media, Motorola, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, USA
QuickPlay Announces 'Mobile Set-Top Box' for TV Service Providers
Aug 24, 2009 – QuickPlay Media has unveiled its new Mobile Set-Top Box solution. The solution will enable TV service providers to easily extend set-top box capabilities beyond the living room to popular consumer electronic and mobile devices.
News categories: QuickPlay, Cable TV, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Placeshifting, Portable, Set Top Box
QuickPlay Media Announces Mobile TV for BlackBerry® Smartphones
Apr 1, 2009 – QuickPlay Media has announced the upcoming launch of its PrimeTime2Go™ premium mobile TV service. The service, available in early May, will enable consumers to download and watch full-length episodes of their favorite shows on-demand.
News categories: QuickPlay Media, BlackBerry® App Worldâ„¢ storefront, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Smartphone, USA
UK mobile customers predict significant rise in mobile TV and video usage by 2010
Feb 16, 2009 – QuickPlay Media has revealed the results of an independent survey focused on mobile TV and video consumption in the UK. The survey indicates an increase in the number of consumers that have viewed mobile TV and video content, rising from 41 to 48%.
News categories: QuickPlay Media, Market Research, Mobile, MWC19, UK
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos