CPE (Consumer Premises Equipment) News
Nearly 90 million DOCSIS 3.0 CPE units shipped over last 12 quarters
Jan 6, 2015 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 3Q14 Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. Connected home and multiscreen services continue to proliferate. As a result, an increasing number of video-capable gateways are being shipped globally.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Youku Tudou enters the hardware business
Dec 10, 2014 – Internet TV company, Youku Tudou (NYSE: YOKU), has announced the launch of its Cloud Entertainment business unit and the unit's first batch of hardware products consisting of a WiFi router, smart TV box, and large Android tablet.
News categories: Youku Tudou, Leo Yao, Victor Koo, China, Digital TV, Router, Set Top Box, Tablet
Residential gateway market continues to grow at a rapid pace
Dec 8, 2014 – Worldwide broadband CPE shipments are expected to reach 151.9 million by the end of 2014, according to ABI Research. Although DSL and cable CPE device shipments still dominate the market, DSL and cable shipments are likely to drop slightly in 2014.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, Broadband, CPE, Market Research, Worldwide
High-end gateways and STBs crowding out broadband routers
Nov 26, 2014 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest home networking report. The residential gateway and broadband router segments will continue to move in opposite directions as operators provide more advanced WiFi gateways to consumers.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Router, Smart Home, Worldwide
Broadcom introduces G.fast SoC for home gateways
Oct 21, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has introduced advanced G.fast capabilities for its BCM63138 gateway SoC to allow telcos to deliver Gigabit-class services to subscribers. The G.fast digital subscriber line (DSL) standard is capable of supporting data rates in excess of 1Gbps.
News categories: Broadcom, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Broadband, CPE, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Worldwide
CPE revenue to expand by $1.8 billion this year
Oct 15, 2014 – The global market for broadband consumer premises equipment (CPE) will end 2014 with the highest growth in revenues since 2010, increasing by 20 percent from 2013 to reach nearly $11 billion, according IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Technology, John Kendall, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Fibre, Market Research, Worldwide
32 million 802.11ac access points to ship in 2014
Sep 24, 2014 – The worldwide Wi-Fi customer premises equipment (CPE) market is expected to grow 11% in 2014. According to ABI Research, total shipments of Wi-Fi access points, routers, and residential gateways are set to surpass 176 million units by the end of 2014.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Router, Smart Home, Worldwide
ARRIS unveils additions to its European cable CPE portfolio
May 20, 2014 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) has unveiled five new CPE solutions for European cable operators. These solutions address demand for quick and reliable content access on a variety of devices—with the latest wireless technology and attractive form factors.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Steve McCaffery, ANGA COM, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Technicolor reaches 300 million CPEs milestone
Apr 2, 2014 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has shipped its 300 millionth CPE. In 2013, Technicolor shipped 32.5 million CPEs to its diversified customer base around the world.
News categories: Technicolor, Pascal Portelli, CPE, Market Research, Worldwide
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service