Terrestrial Digital TV (DTT, DTTV, DTV, DVB-T, DVB-T2, …) News
Zinwell certified to produce NEXTGEN TV set-tops
Jul 13, 2023 – Pearl TV has announced that Zinwell has completed self-certification testing and will soon enter the U.S. market with set-top products to help viewers transition to NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Zinwell, Anne Schelle, Paul Wu, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Harmonic and DigiCAP optimize ATSC 3.0 bit rates
Jul 11, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and DigiCAP (KOSDAQ: 197140) have announced a solution for broadcasters that combines statistical multiplexing technology with an ATSC 3.0 headend.
News categories: Harmonic, DigiCAP, Jing Zhou, Sang Jin Yoon, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
NextGen TV launched in South Bend, Indiana
Jun 29, 2023 – Television stations serving the South Bend-Elkhart TV market have begun broadcasting with NextGen TV. The launch includes WSBT-TV, WNDU-TV, WSJV, WNI and WHME-TV.
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
WISI launches ATSC 3.0 module for the Inca IP Video Platform
Jun 23, 2023 – WISI has released an advanced ATSC 3.0 receiver, available as a module for the Inca IP Video Platform. The receiver supports the reception of both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 signals.
News categories: WISI, Sharen Sandhu, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, North America
TDF and France Télévisions trial DTT of the future
Jun 7, 2023 – TDF and France Télévisions are launching two DTT trials to coincide with the 2023 French Open tennis tournament: DTT broadcasting in UHD quality, and experimental 5G broadcasting.
News categories: TDF Group, France Télévisions, Ateme, Karim El Naggar, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Terrestrial
Avanci Broadcast adds ETRI, KPN, NEC & NERC-DTV as ATSC 3.0 IP licensors
May 22, 2023 – Avanci Broadcast, the one-stop licensing platform for ATSC 3.0, has announced the addition of four new licensors - ETRI, KPN, NEC and NERC-DTV.
News categories: Avanci Broadcast, Ilkka Rahnasto, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Tolka software powers first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory receiver
May 9, 2023 – Atlanta DTH (ADTH) is the first vendor to produce officially certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory receivers with its ADTH NEXTGEN TV Box. The receiver is powered by Tolka ATSC 3 Stack software.
News categories: Tolka, Pearl TV, Atlanta DTH, Alex Day, Anne Schelle, Dr. Bob Campbell, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Tele2 Digital TV subscribers down 9k in 1Q 2023
Apr 21, 2023 – Tele2 (Stockholm: TEL2 A; TEL2 B) has announced results for Q1 2023. Sweden Consumer was flat in the quarter as growth in Mobile, Fixed broadband and Digital TV Cable & Fiber was offset by a decline in legacy services.
News categories: Tele2, Kjell Johnsen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, Sweden, Terrestrial
Harmonic powers ATSC 3.0 across the U.S.
Apr 16, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that its XOS software is powering NEXTGEN TV services across the U.S., enabling the delivery of ATSC 3.0 channels with bandwidth efficiency and enhanced video quality.
News categories: Harmonic, Pearl TV, BitPath, Heartland Video Systems, Gil Rudge, Anne Schelle, John Hane, Dennis Klas, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
- Hrvatski Telekom initiates Iskon integration
- PROEN deploys Qwilt and Cisco CDN solution in Thailand
- Akta powers AVOD, SVOD, Live Streaming and FAST for ViX
- Nielsen integrates measurement for Netflix's ad-supported plan
- CommScope to sell Home Networks business to Vantiva
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia