Terrestrial Digital TV (DTT, DTTV, DTV, DVB-T, DVB-T2, …) News
Pearl TV and MediaTek launch 'FastTrack to NEXTGEN TV' reference platform
Apr 19, 2022 – Pearl TV and MediaTek have launched 'FastTrack to NEXTGEN TV,' a program that accelerates and streamlines the path for adoption of NEXTGEN TV technology by consumer electronic makers producing smart TVs and related devices.
News categories: MediaTek, Pearl TV, Alfred Chan, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
Pearl TV launches RUN3TV hybrid TV platform for NEXTGEN TV
Apr 19, 2022 – Pearl TV has launched its RUN3TV web platform, enabling broadcasters to offer a hybrid TV service to their OTA viewers. RUN3TV was built to support NEXTGEN TV, otherwise known as ATSC 3.0, with integrated support for two-way web interactivity.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Kerry Oslund, Robert Folliard, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, UX
Sinclair and USSI Global to pilot ATSC 3.0 datacasting service
Apr 14, 2022 – Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) and USSI Global have announced that they will partner to offer the nation’s first commercial datacasting service using the NextGen Broadcast standard (ATSC 3.0).
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, USSI Global, Chris Ripley, Anthony Morelli, Advertising, ATSC 3, Broadband, USA
MediaHub Australia selects Actus Digital for advanced monitoring
Apr 12, 2022 – Actus Digital has announced that MediaHub Australia is deploying its intelligent monitoring platform as part of a new mux-based DTT broadcast headend. Magna Systems and Engineering is providing deployment expertise, local technology, and technical support.
News categories: Actus Digital, MediaHub Australia, Sima Levy, Simon Scott, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, Terrestrial
NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Richmond-Petersburg, VA
Apr 11, 2022 – All seven of Richmond-Petersburg’s full power local TV stations have began broadcasting with NextGen TV. The launch includes WRIC-TV (ABC), WTVR-TV (CBS), WWBT (NBC), WRLH-TV (FOX), WCVE-TV and WCVW (PBS), and WUPV (CW).
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
VBox releases ATSC 3.0 Testbed version 2.5
Apr 5, 2022 – VBox Communications has announced the availability of Version 2.5 of its ATSC 3.0 Testbed platform – offering an array of new features and enhanced functionality for the NextGenTV product development community.
News categories: VBox Communications, Jonathan Rind, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
NEXTGEN TV showing increasing consumer interest and purchase intent
Mar 30, 2022 – According to research conducted by Magid, NEXTGEN TV advertising, including Dolby commercials from a marketing campaign which debuted on local TV stations across the U.S., is resonating strongly with consumers.
News categories: Pearl TV, Dolby, Magid, Anne Schelle, Mathias Bendull, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Triveni Digital launches ATSC 3.0 StreamScope XM Monitor
Mar 29, 2022 – Triveni Digital has launched StreamScope® XM Monitor. The Monitor performs real-time monitoring of ATSC 3.0 streams and allows broadcasters to create rules-based notifications to pinpoint and troubleshoot NextGen TV service quality issues.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Ralph Bachofen, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
NextGen TV launches in Albany, NY
Mar 24, 2022 – Television stations in Albany, NY have begun broadcasting with NextGen TV. The launch includes WTEN, WRGB , WXXA-TV, WCWN and WMHT. BitPath led the planning process and coordinated efforts across the five stations.
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, USA
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022