Terrestrial Digital TV (DTT, DTTV, DTV, DVB-T, DVB-T2, …) News
Triveni Digital introduces ATSC 3.0 tools supporting NEXTGEN TV decryption
Apr 16, 2023 – Triveni Digital has announced that its StreamScope XM Analyzer and Monitor are the first test and measurement products to support the NEXTGEN TV decryption protocols.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Pearl TV, Mark Simpson, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
FreeCast pairs ATSC 3.0 with streaming video aggregation
Apr 15, 2023 – FreeCast has announced a whole-home solution that brings over-the-air broadcast TV channels into the FreeCast digital guide, alongside streaming channels and on-demand content.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Sinclair, Gray, Graham & Capitol adopt Verance NextGen TV watermarking
Apr 14, 2023 – Verance has made agreements with Sinclair Broadcast, Gray Television, Graham Media Group and Capitol Broadcasting to implement the Verance Aspect audio watermark on stations across the groups.
News categories: Verance, Sinclair Broadcast, Gray Television, Graham Media, Capitol Broadcasting, Nil Shah, Mike Kralec, David Burke, Anthony Plosz, Peter Sockett, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
6G-Datacast.tv launches mobile ATSC 3.0 receiver at NAB 2023
Apr 14, 2023 – 6G-Datacast.tv has launched a mobile ATSC 3.0 receiver offering connectivity through Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as well as via USB. The company will be demonstrating the receiver at NAB 2023.
News categories: CEA Group, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Peripherals / Accessories, USA
BitPath ATSC 3.0 rollout reaches 50 market milestone
Apr 13, 2023 – The launch of ATSC 3.0 service in the San Francisco Bay Area marks the 50th market in which BitPath has managed the rollout of NextGen Broadcast. BitPath affiliated stations now reach more than 150 million people.
News categories: BitPath, Tom Mikkelsen, Sasha Javid, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Pearl TV brings NEXTGEN TV And Run3 TV to NAB Show 2023
Apr 13, 2023 – At NAB Show 2023, Pearl TV will demonstrate NEXTGEN TV features and capabilities with partners including Comcast NBCUniversal, Samsung and LG Electronics.
News categories: Pearl TV, RUN3TV, Robert Folliard, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
TestTree unveils ATSC 3.0/1.0 network monitoring tool at NAB 2023
Apr 12, 2023 – TestTree is introducing its EdgeProbe Nano ATSC 3.0/1.0 at NAB 2023. The tool is easy to transport, allowing technicians to validate and monitor 24/7 all points of the ATSC network.
News categories: TestTree, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, North America, QoE
igolgi XScale encoder doubles ATSC 1.0 channel count
Apr 7, 2023 – igolgi has announced its XScale ATSC-1.0 Encoder. Broadcasters who adopt XScale can more than double their existing channel count compared to older ATSC1 encoders.
News categories: igolgi, Jeff Zhu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
COG and ONE Media 3.0 pilot Advanced Emergency Information over ATSC 3.0
Apr 10, 2023 – The Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments and ONE Media 3.0 (Nasdaq: SBGI) have launched a pilot of Next Generation Broadcast used to disseminate Advanced Emergency Information.
News categories: Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments, ONE Media 3.0, Scott Boggs, Jerald Fritz, John Lawson, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media