El Salvador Digital TV News
In Latin America 51% of cable TV subscribers are digital
Sep 12, 2014 – BB-MEDIA Business Bureau has produced indices of the rate of conversion to digital of pay TV operators in Latin America. Overall little more than half of subscribers to cable TV have a digital service.
News categories: Business Bureau, Horacio Gennari, Christian Peralta, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
Conax provides pay TV security for Millicom's Tigo DTH in LatAm
Sep 11, 2014 – Conax (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is providing Millicom with content protection for its expanding cable and satellite Pay TV operations under the Tigo Star brand. Conax has entered a Supply Agreement with Millicom for its Tigo DTH LatAm operations.
News categories: Conax, Millicom, Luciano Marino, Rohit Mehra, Bolivia, Content Protection, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, IBC2022, Satellite
Telefonica adds 494,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
Jul 31, 2014 – Telefónica (Madrid and NYSE: TEF) has released its second quarter 2014 results. Pay TV access growth was 32% year-on-year in organic terms reaching 4.2 million subscribers at the end of June, with 494 thousand net additions.
News categories: Telefónica, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, IPTV, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Venezuela
Millicom selects Eutelsat for DTH pay TV in Latin America
May 22, 2014 – Millicom has confirmed that it has selected Eutelsat Americas (formerly Satmex) [Paris; NYSE Euronext: ETL) to support its recent entry into the satellite pay-TV market in Latin America.
News categories: Eutelsat, Millicom, Martin Lewerth, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, El Salvador, Satellite
Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
Dec 4, 2013 – Qualy TV, part of the Albavisión group, has launched its new pay TV service in Costa Rica using the satellite platform of Media Networks, a unit of Telefónica. The basic service consists of 53 SD channels, with additional movie and adult packages available.
News categories: Qualy TV, Media Networks, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Satellite
Millicom ends 2012 with 558,000 Tigo cable TV customers in Central America
Mar 6, 2013 – Millicom, which operates cable services in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua under the Tigo brand, has reported Financial and Operational Data as at December 31 2012. At the end of the year it had 558,000 cable TV RGUs.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
ROK Powers Mobile TV Service for Claro in El Salvador
Jun 16, 2011 – ROK Global has announced that following the success of its mobile TV subscription services with América Móvil operators in Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Peru, Colombia, Paraguay and Uruguay, ROK-powered Mobile TV is now live with Claro in El Salvador.
News categories: ROK TV, Claro, El Salvador, Mobile
El Salvador Adopts ATSC for DTT
May 8, 2009 – The ATSC Forum has applauded the decision of El Salvador's General Superintendency of Electricity and Telecommunications (SIGET) to adopt the ATSC Digital Television Standard for digital terrestrial television broadcasting in the country.
News categories: ATSC Forum, SIGET, ATSC 3, Digital TV, El Salvador, Terrestrial
Macrovision's Passport IPG Solution Takes Latin America Cable Audiences to the Cutting Edge of TV
Sep 18, 2008 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced that América Móvil (Claro), Cablevisión, Telecentro and Videomar have all chosen to provide Macrovision's Passport IPG solutions to their cable viewers, enhancing their overall TV viewing experience.
News categories: Macrovision, América Móvil, Cablevisión, Telecentro, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Middleware, Nicaragua, Set Top Box
- Evoca integrates Sling TV into Nextgen TV service
- Penthera improves streaming quality with intelligent buffering
- Roku and Walmart launch onn. Roku TV models in Canada
- Banijay Rights collaborates with Amagi to go FAST
- Bitcentral streaming solution selected for Rewarded TV
- Bezeq signs distribution agreement for Disney+
- Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
- Gracenote launches Streaming Channels Data
- Mongolia's Univision selects end-to-end solution from Viaccess-Orca
- TV5MONDE expands global reach with Harmonic cloud streaming
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data