Honduras Digital TV News
In Latin America 51% of cable TV subscribers are digital
Sep 12, 2014 – BB-MEDIA Business Bureau has produced indices of the rate of conversion to digital of pay TV operators in Latin America. Overall little more than half of subscribers to cable TV have a digital service.
News categories: Business Bureau, Horacio Gennari, Christian Peralta, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
Conax provides pay TV security for Millicom's Tigo DTH in LatAm
Sep 11, 2014 – Conax (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is providing Millicom with content protection for its expanding cable and satellite Pay TV operations under the Tigo Star brand. Conax has entered a Supply Agreement with Millicom for its Tigo DTH LatAm operations.
News categories: Conax, Millicom, Luciano Marino, Rohit Mehra, Bolivia, Content Protection, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, IBC2022, Satellite
Millicom launches satellite pay TV in Costa Rica and Honduras
Jun 5, 2014 – Millicom (Stockholmsbörsen: MIC) has announced that it has launched satellite pay-TV services in two more countries, Costa Rica and Honduras. These follow the first two services in Bolivia and El Salvador.
News categories: Millicom, Hans-Holger Albrecht, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Honduras, Satellite
Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
Dec 4, 2013 – Qualy TV, part of the Albavisión group, has launched its new pay TV service in Costa Rica using the satellite platform of Media Networks, a unit of Telefónica. The basic service consists of 53 SD channels, with additional movie and adult packages available.
News categories: Qualy TV, Media Networks, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Satellite
Honduras adopts ISDB-T for DTT
Sep 27, 2013 – The government of Honduras has announced the adoption of ISDB-T as its standard for digital terrestrial television. In 2007, Honduras opted for the ATSC system, but has now changed its policy to favour the Japanese-Brazilian standard.
News categories: Digital TV, Honduras, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Millicom ends 2012 with 558,000 Tigo cable TV customers in Central America
Mar 6, 2013 – Millicom, which operates cable services in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua under the Tigo brand, has reported Financial and Operational Data as at December 31 2012. At the end of the year it had 558,000 cable TV RGUs.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
ROK Powers Mobile TV Service for Claro in Honduras
Jul 28, 2011 – ROK Global (FWB:RKG) has announced that, following the success of its Mobile TV subscription services with other América Móvil (BMV: AMXL; NYSE: AMX) operators in Latin America, ROK-powered Mobile TV is now live with Claro in Honduras.
News categories: ROK Global, Honduras, Mobile
Compunicate winning CA contracts in Latin America
Apr 26, 2011 – Compunicate has been winning conditional access (CA) contracts across northern Latin America. For example, Teleoperadora del Nordeste (Telenord) and Orbit Cable, both in the Dominican Republic, have deployed systems with Compunicate CA.
News categories: Compunicate, Cable TV, Colombia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Set Top Box
Hondutel looking for IPTV trial partner
Nov 3, 2008 – Hondutel, a Honduran government-owned telco, is looking for a technical partner to carry out IPTV trials over the next months before launching a general RFI (request for information) targeted at providers.
News categories: Hondutel, Digital TV, Honduras, IPTV
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management