India Digital TV News
Irdeto to provide CA and multi-DRM to BCN Digital in India
Oct 13, 2022 – Irdeto has announced that BCN Digital will use Irdeto cybersecurity solutions to secure its content. Irdeto will provide the company with Conditional Access for its IPTV services and multi-DRM for its OTT services.
News categories: Irdeto, BCN Digital, Shane McCarthy, Srinivas Raju Rudraraju, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, India, RDK, Set Top Box, Streaming
Competition Commission of India approves Zee-SonyLIV merger, with conditions
Oct 4, 2022 – The Competition Commission of India has approved the amalgamation of Zee Entertainment and Bangla Entertainment with Culver Max Entertainment (provider of the SonyLIV service), with conditions.
News categories: Competition Commission of Indi, Zee Entertainment, SonyLIV, Digital TV, India, MandA, Streaming
Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
Sep 30, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm have joined forces to unveil a full end-to-end live 5G Broadcast streaming demonstration at IMC 2022, showcasing the format's capabilities for the first time in India.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
Sep 19, 2022 – A combination of tailwinds has tripled the share of large-sized panel TVs (40" and above) to over 40% in the past five years. The share should cross the 50% mark by fiscal 2027, a CRISIL Research estimate indicates.
News categories: CRISIL Research, Pushan Sharma, Elizabeth Master, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
GTPL selects Nagra to protect its OTT app
Sep 9, 2022 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it's OTT security solutions have been selected by GTPL Hathway, the largest multiple-system operator in India with more than 11 million connected homes, to ensure content protection for its OTT app.
News categories: Nagra, GTPL, Stéphane Le Dréau, Anirudhsinh Jadeja, Apps, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, India
Fastway to deploy Verimatrix content security on Android set-top boxes
Sep 8, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that Fastway has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) to protect its DVB Hybrid network used by its newly launched Google Android set-top boxes.
News categories: Verimatrix, Jujhar Group, Fastway, Asaf Ashkenazi, S Gurdeep Singh, Android TV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
Foxxum brings Foxxum OS 4 to pay TV market in India with BCN Digital
Aug 31, 2022 – Foxxum has announced that BCN Digital will use Foxxum OS 4 on its set-top boxes to expand its IPTV reach in India. BCN Digital has over 2,300 sub operators in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states.
News categories: Foxxum, BCN Digital, Ronny Lutzi, Digital TV, India, IPTV, RDK, Set Top Box
India Smart TV shipments up 74% YoY in Q2 2022
Aug 29, 2022 – MuxIP has partnered with Dooya Media Group (DMG), an OTT services company offering a network of premium free ad-supported streaming television (FAST) channels, to deliver a single, customized interface for Dooya channels.
News categories: Counterpoint, Anshika Jain, Akash Jatwala, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
ACT Fibernet launches OTT aggregation platform, YuppTV Scope
Aug 25, 2022 – ACT Fibernet has launched an OTT aggregation service with YuppTV. YuppTV Scope is a single-subscription OTT streaming platform with an extensive bouquet of live TV channels, that removes the need to access and manage multiple apps.
News categories: YuppTV, ACT Fibernet, Uday Reddy, Ravi Karthik, Digital TV, India, Streaming
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership