Portable (Tablet, PMP, camcorder, …) News
Legend Silicon Brings ATSC Broadcast Reception One Step Closer to Cars & Mobile Devices
Nov 21, 2011 – Legend Silicon has announced SuperTV™ technology critical to solving diversity and mobile reception issues inherent in the U.S. legacy Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) Digital Terrestrial Broadcast (Free-to-Air) market.
News categories: Legend Silicon, ATSC 3, Digital TV, In-Car, Portable, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial
DiiVA Consortium Announces Mobile Extensions to the DiiVA Specification
Oct 31, 2011 – The DiiVA™ Consortium has announced the release of the DiiVA 1.1a specification which adds provisions for a standard low pin-count mobile interface targeted at portable devices such as tablets, smartphones, digital cameras and camcorders.
News categories: DiiVA, Camcorder, China, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC22, Portable, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Amazon to Sell 15 Million Kindle Fires By 2013
Sep 29, 2011 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) will sell more than 15 million of its new Kindle Fire tablet worldwide by the end of 2013, according to the latest report from Strategy Analytics' Tablet and Touchscreen Strategies service.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Digital TV, Market Research, Portable, Streaming, Tablet
Challenging climate for consumer electronics
Aug 31, 2011 – The consumer electronics (CE) market has registered a significant deterioration in the first half of 2011. In the first six months of the year, sales in Western Europe declined by a total of 11.3% in comparison with the same period of the prior year.
News categories: GfK, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVD, Europe, IFA, Market Research, Smart TV
Germany: Consumer Electronics market displays sound growth in the first half of 2011
Aug 22, 2011 – Results from the latest Consumer Electronics Market Index (CEMIX) show that the industry continues to grow. In the first half of the year, the market demonstrated a value increase of 4.3% compared to HY1 2010.
News categories: GfK, Camcorder, DVD, Gaming, Germany, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Hisense Announces First Milestone of Its Smart Strategy: The World's First Personalized Smart TV Debuts
Aug 17, 2011 – Hisense has announced the launch of I'TV. I'TV (My Personal TV) is the world's first personalized smart TV. Compared with the 'pad'-type tablets, I'TV is positioned primarily as a TV and secondarily a tablet PC according to Hisense.
News categories: Hisense, China, Digital TV, Portable, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, Tablet
New DVB-T2 Profile for mobile TV: T2-Lite
Jul 22, 2011 – The DVB Project has introduced a new profile for its DVB-T2 terrestrial standard for lighter applications such as mobile TV: T2-Lite. Version 1.3.1 of the DVB-T2 specification document introduces the T2-Lite profile.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBC2022, Mobile, Portable, Terrestrial
ARM Forecast to Significantly Increase Lead in the Battle for the Digital Home
Jul 12, 2011 – Preliminary findings from Semicast's forthcoming report 'Opportunities for Embedded Processors in the Digital Home' show ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH) increased its position as the leading architecture for embedded processors in digital home applications in 2010.
News categories: Semicast, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Consumer Electronic WLAN-Enabled Unit Shipments to Surpass 419 Million by 2015
Jun 28, 2011 – Though the WLAN attach rate of stationary CE devices remains relatively low in comparison to their portable counterparts, the size of the combined WLAN-enabled CE markets will surpass 419 million units shipped by 2015, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVR, Gaming, Gateway, In-Car, Market Research, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK