Digital TV News: ACCESS CO
AudienceXpress reveals UK findings from streaming video consumer study
Apr 4, 2023 – AudienceXpress has announced findings from its latest streaming video consumer study. The study was conducted in the UK, Italy, France, Germany, Spain, and the Netherlands – the EU6.
News categories: FreeWheel, AudienceXpress, Stefanie Briec, Advertising, Digital TV, EU, Market Research, Streaming, UK
European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
Jan 24, 2023 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published its annual report on key AV players in Europe. SVOD stands out as the most concentrated market segment, with the top 3 OTT platforms accounting for 71% of subscriptions.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
63% of U.S. internet households own a Smart TV
Jan 13, 2023 – Parks Associates research shows 63% of U.S. internet households own a smart TV, up from 38% in 2015. The company's OTT Video Market Tracker highlights how companies like Roku have transformed the role of the TV in the home.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, CES2023, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Sercomm to showcase IP streamers and STBs at CES 2023
Dec 22, 2022 – Sercomm (TWSE: 5388) will showcase its newest innovations and solutions for broadband connectivity, smart home and home entertainment, including IP streamers and set-top boxes at CES 2023.
News categories: Sercomm, Android TV, CES2023, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Streaming consumers desire simplicity in entertainment experiences
Dec 21, 2022 – Six in seven consumers globally want an all-in-one platform to simplify their entertainment experiences with video streaming, fantasy sports, social media, ecommerce and more, according to Accenture (NYSE: ACN).
News categories: Accenture, John Peters, Imran Shah, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
AWS Clean Rooms launched
Nov 29, 2022 – Amazon Web Services (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced AWS Clean Rooms, an analytics service that helps companies analyze and collaborate on their combined datasets without sharing or revealing underlying data.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Dilip Kumar, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Pluto TV debuts in Canada
Dec 1, 2022 – Pluto TV has made its debut in Canada, streaming more than 20,000 hours of free programming to Canadians. This marks Pluto TV's most robust content at launch offering to-date.
News categories: Pluto TV, Corus Entertainment, Olivier Jollet, Troy Reeb, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
NetRange Smart TV portal and browser for Skyworth RDK STBs
Oct 31, 2022 – NetRange and Skyworth Digital Technology have announced that the NetRange Smart TV Portal for RDK and the NetFront™ Browser BE have been selected to provide content services through Skyworth RDK set-top boxes.
News categories: ACCESS Co, Skyworth Digital Technology, Michi Uematsu, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
Sep 28, 2022 – Horowitz's latest report, tracking the evolution of the TV space, finds that streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms, with the majority of their viewing time spent streaming.
News categories: Horowitz, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media