Digital TV News: AMPD Research
Southeast Asia added 2.8 million SVOD subscriptions in Q1 2022
May 31, 2022 – Southeast Asia (SEA) added 2.8 million net new SVOD subscriptions in Q1 2022 to reach an aggregate customer base of 39.5 million total subs, according to analysis published by Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Prime Video, TVer, AbemaTV and Netflix lead streaming market in Japan
Oct 4, 2021 – Premium video streaming in Japan reached 85 billion minutes during Jan- Aug 2021, or 13% of total time spent on video according to the first of a series of quarterly reports from Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Media Partners Asia, AMPD Research, Vivek Couto, Anthony Dobson, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Streaming
YouTube, Line TV and Yahoo TV lead online video consumption in Taiwan
Aug 30, 2021 – Streaming minutes in Taiwan measured across AVOD, SVOD and live streaming platforms increased to ~53 billion in Q2 2021, representing a ~2.3 billion net quarterly growth in minutes, according to Media Partners Asia.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Adrian Tong, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Taiwan
Premium video captures 10% of video streaming minutes in SE Asia
May 18, 2021 – Premium video platforms, led by Netflix, Viu, WeTV, iQIYI and Vidio, captured 10% of total video streaming minutes in Q1 2021, according to a study published by Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Analyst Dhivya T, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Viu top in streaming video monthly active users in SE Asia
Mar 11, 2021 – According to a report from AMPD Research, Viu ranks first in aggregate monthly active users amongst major premium video streaming platforms in SE Asia and second in paid subscribers and streaming minutes.
News categories: Viu, AMPD Research, Helen Sou, Anthony Dobson, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Korean and US content power online video consumption in SE Asia
Mar 1, 2021 – Korean, US and local content form the core of online video content consumption across Southeast Asia, according to Media Partners Asia. Korean content demand is strongest in Singapore and Indonesia.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Dhivya T, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Strong 1H 2020 for Online Video in Southeast Asia
Sep 29, 2020 – Total video streaming minutes on mobile grew 30% Q/Q in Q1 2020 across four Southeast Asia markets and a further 19% Q/Q in Q2 to reach 657 billion, according to a study published by Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
Viu top major video streaming platform in Southeast Asia
Jun 15, 2020 – Viu (SEHK:0008), with more than 41 million monthly active users, has announced findings from a report covering Q1 2020 from AMPD Research, a subsidiary of Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Viu, AMPD Research, Janice Lee, Asia, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, Streaming
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028