Digital TV News: ASUS
AR/VR headset demand expected to rebound in 2018
Mar 19, 2018 – Worldwide shipments for augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) headsets will grow to 68.9 million units in 2022 with a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 52.5%, according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Tom Mainelli, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Worldwide smartphones sales fell for the first time in Q4 2017
Feb 22, 2018 – Global sales of smartphones to end users totaled nearly 408 million units in the fourth quarter of 2017, a 5.6 percent decline over the fourth quarter of 2016, according to Gartner.
News categories: Gartner, Anshul Gupta, Market Research, Smartphone, Worldwide
Market for 4K UHD technologies exploding
Feb 19, 2018 – The huge growth forecast for 4K UHD global markets stems from the technology’s growing adoption, rising disposable incomes, technological advancements, expanding 4K content and increasing TV unit sales.
News categories: BCC Research, Anand Bhandari, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Quarterly VR headset shipments top 1 million for the first time
Nov 27, 2017 – Virtual reality headset shipments are showing no signs of slowing, as the quarterly total exceeded 1 million units for the first time in Q3 2017. Sony took the lead, shipping more than 490,000 PlayStation VR (PS VR) sets in the quarter.
News categories: Canalys, Jason Low, Vincent Thielke, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
U.S. connected entertainment device adoption grew 11% in 2015
Sep 27, 2016 – A new report from Parks Associates finds that 73% of U.S. broadband households connect one or more in-home entertainment devices to the Internet, an increase of 11% from the beginning of 2015.
News categories: Parks Associates, Barbara Kraus, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Google announces Nexus Player Android TV box
Oct 15, 2014 – In an update to its Android portfolio, Google has announced its Nexus Player, the first device running Android TV. Nexus Player, a collaboration with Asus, is a streaming media player for movies, music and videos.
News categories: Google, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Google adds TV device support to Android
Jun 25, 2014 – At Google I/O, Google announced the addition of TV to the platforms supported by its Android operating system. Example devices include TVs, media streamers, connected set-top boxes and micro consoles.
News categories: Android, Android TV, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
HyperPanel unveils ALL-IN-ONE Multiscreen & Multiroom Media Home Gateway at IFA 2013
Sep 4, 2013 – HyperPanel Lab will showcase at IFA, together with its ODM partner Askey Computer, its ALL-IN-ONE Multiscreen & Multiroom Media Home Gateway platform.
News categories: HyperPanel, Askey Computer, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, IFABerlin, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Marvell and ASUS Team Up to Deliver Qube with Google TV Media Streamer
Jan 8, 2013 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced that its ARMADA® 1500 series System-on-Chip (SoC) platform (88DE3100) will power the new ASUS Qube with Google TV media streamer. Marvell and ASUS will demonstrate the ASUS Qube with Google TV at CES.
News categories: Marvell, ASUS, CES2023, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029