Digital TV News: Altibox
Altibox expands Agama monitoring to second screen devices
Mar 25, 2021 – Altibox has extended its Agama monitoring to include support for OTT companion devices. Agama is now responsible for monitoring, analytics and assurance across all types of devices.
News categories: Agama, Altibox, Mikael Dahlgren, Petter Røisland, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, QoE, TV Everywhere
3SS set to double reach in 2021
Feb 25, 2021 – 3SS has said that it has eight Android TV projects in progress for operators giving it a deployment pipeline of at least 25 million homes by end-2021. This is more than double 2020's 10 million total.
News categories: 3SS, Kai-Christian Borchers, Pierre Donath, Android TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
Sep 15, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Proximus Pickx, an IPTV+OTT TV offering from Belgium's Proximus, has gone live on an Android TV Operator Tier STB. The service replaces Proximus’ legacy AOSP-based TV offering.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jim Casteele, Advertising, Android TV, Belgium, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
Jun 30, 2020 – Verimatrix, (Paris: VMX) has announced that Altibox Norway is to move its security framework into the Verimatrix Secure Cloud. In the Cloud, Altibox can more easily optimize its end-to-end content security.
News categories: Verimatrix, Altibox, Asaf Ashkenazi, Jarle Johnsen, Conditional Access, Denmark, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Norway
Broadpeak video delivery added to 3SS entertainment ecosystem
Jun 25, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Broadpeak is bringing its video delivery software solutions, including its server-side controlled ABR streaming solution, to 3SS's 3READY Entertainment Ecosystem.
News categories: 3SS, Broadpeak, Pierre Donath, Jacques Le Mancq, Android TV, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Altibox selects Technicolor set-top box for Android TV services
Feb 26, 2020 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that Altibox is to deploy its high-end Android TV JADE set-to box. Technicolor is partnering with 3SS who have been chosen by Altibox to optimize the viewing experience for new Android TV services.
News categories: Technicolor, Altibox, 3SS, Christian Lefebvre, Tor Morten Osmundsen, Pierre Donath, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, Set Top Box, UX
SeaChange acquires Xstream
Feb 11, 2019 – SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced that it has acquired privately-held Xstream A/S. SeaChange paid $4.6 million in cash and 541,738 shares of SeaChange common stock, for a total transaction value as of February 6, 2019 of $5.5 million.
News categories: SeaChange, Xstream, Ed Terino, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Altibox signs SaaS-based master agreement with Xstream
Dec 5, 2018 – Xstream has announced that its service agreement with Norway's Altibox has been upgraded to a multi-year software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model. Altibox has used Xstream’s services since 2010.
News categories: Xstream, Altibox, Michael Rasmussen, Jarle Johnson, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, TV Everywhere
Altibox selects VisualOn to deliver video to Apple TV app
Sep 12, 2018 – VisualOn has announced that it is now providing Altibox's end users with the ability to stream video using Apple TV. VisualOn’s Onstream Apple TV solution enables Altibox to use the same MPEG-DASH and Playready flow on tvOS as on Android and iOS.
News categories: VisualOn, Altibox, Yang Cai, Jarle Johnsen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Media Player, Norway, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying