Digital TV News: Amazon Web Services
NAB Show to require proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Aug 18, 2021 – All attendees and participants at NAB Show 2021 wll be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. According to the organizers, there is a strong eagerness among the NAB Show community to return in person.
News categories: NAB Show, COVID-19, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
Jun 22, 2021 – NexStreaming has announced support for the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative. NexPlayer is compatible with AWS outputs on devices including Android, iOS, HTML5, Tizen, WebOS, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch.
News categories: NexStreaming, Amazon Web Services, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
WIND VISION using ZAPPWARE cloud-native TV solution on AWS
Jun 3, 2021 – ZAPPWARE has announced that cloud-native versions of its back office and tools are running on AWS services, giving WIND VISION access to a secure set of cloud services for the benefit of its users.
News categories: ZAPPWARE, WIND Hellas, AWS, Patrick Vos, Hermann Riedl, Digital TV, Greece, UX
VisualOn supports AWS for Media & Entertainment Initiative
May 26, 2021 – VisualOn has announced support for the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative. Customers that use the VisualOn HTML5+ SaaS can maximize ad revenue and business return via an integration with AWS Elemental MediaTailor.
News categories: VisualOn, AWS, Yang Cai, Advertising, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
ThinkAnalytics integrates with Amazon Personalize
May 25, 2021 – ThinkAnalytics has integrated its content discovery and viewer engagement platform with Amazon Personalize. Amazon Personalize enables developers to build applications with the same ML technology used by Amazon.com.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, AWS, Peter Docherty, Darragh O’Flanagan, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Bitmovin supports AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
May 21, 2021 – Bitmovin’s Cloud Connect service enables OTT streaming service providers to encode on their own AWS infrastructure and use Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud Spot Instances to save up to 90% on costs.
News categories: Bitmovin, Amazon Web Service, Crackle, Justin Fujita, Eric Iverson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
May 12, 2021 – Irdeto has announced that it has joined the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative from Amazon Web Services (AWS). All Irdeto’s media services are designed to support customers running on AWS.
News categories: Irdeto, Amazon Web Services, Steeve Huin, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Accedo supports 'AWS for Media & Entertainment' initiative
Apr 29, 2021 – Accedo is supporting the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative via its Accedo Orchestra video management platform. Accedo Orchestra deploys in the content provider's AWS account, integrating with their existing video pipeline.
News categories: Accedo, AWS, Michael Lantz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Disney+ global expansion built on AWS infrastructure
Apr 29, 2021 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has unveiled that The Walt Disney Company is using AWS for the global rollout of Disney+. Using AWS infrastructure, Disney+ has been able to rapidly expand to 59 countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, The Walt Disney Company, Carla Stratfold, Joe Inzerillo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement