Digital TV News: Apple TV
VIDAA brings Smart TV OS to the U.S. market with Hisense
Jan 6, 2023 – VIDAA has launched its OS in the U.S. market on Hisense Smart TVs following a large-scale deployment in Latin America, completing the global distribution of VIDAA in all major markets.
News categories: VIDAA, Guy Edri, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
Dec 6, 2022 – SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) has been selected by FOX Sports Mexico to power their next generation streaming service. SeaChange's StreamVid streaming enablement platform will support FOX Sports Mexico’s deployment.
News categories: SeaChange, FOX Sports Mexico, Chris Klimmer, Israel Gomez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Streaming
Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
Dec 2, 2022 – Parks Associates has released its updated list of the top 10 U.S. subscription OTT video services. This is the first time in the history of the annual report that Netflix is not in the top spot.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Pluto TV debuts in Canada
Dec 1, 2022 – Pluto TV has made its debut in Canada, streaming more than 20,000 hours of free programming to Canadians. This marks Pluto TV's most robust content at launch offering to-date.
News categories: Pluto TV, Corus Entertainment, Olivier Jollet, Troy Reeb, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
Nov 21, 2022 – Red Bee Media has partnered with Better Software Group on the launch of Nordisk Film+ in Denmark. Nordisk Film combines Red Bee Media’s managed OTT services with Better Software Group's application front-end.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Better Software Group, Nordisk Film, Steve Nylund, Bartłomiej Lozia, Klaus Odegaard, Apps, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
VIZIO remote controls to get dedicated Redbox and Crackle buttons
Nov 14, 2022 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced a deal with VIZIO that brings the Redbox and Crackle free streaming apps to VIZIO remote controls in the second half of 2023.
News categories: Chicken Soup for the Soul, VIZIO, Adam Mosam, Seta Goldstein, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Sky's NOW streaming service comes to Android TV
Nov 8, 2022 – Sky has announced that its streaming service NOW has been made available on Google TV devices, including Chromecast with Google TV, and on eight UK smart TV brands as it expands to Android TV OS devices.
News categories: NOW, Marina Storti, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, UK
Proximus selects 3SS to power Pickx TV experiences
Nov 10, 2022 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Proximus has selected its 3Ready as the foundation for its next-generation TV Everywhere multi-device Pickx offering, replacing an incumbent solution.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jim Casteele, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX
VIZIO rolls out My Watchlist and enhanced recommendations
Oct 25, 2022 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has introduced My Watchlist, a feature that allows viewers to add their favorite TV shows and movies from different streaming services into one central location on VIZIO SmartCast TVs.
News categories: VIZIO, Steve Yum, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December