Digital TV News: BARB
BARB makes Netflix viewing reporting widely available
Nov 2, 2022 – Netflix is now included in BARB's UK audience measurement for live and VOSDAL (viewed on same day as live) viewing, known as overnight viewing, as well as consolidated viewing, for viewing over a 7-day, 28-day or any user-defined period.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Netflix signs up to BARB measurement for the UK
Oct 12, 2022 – Netflix has signed up to BARB's measurement of what people across the UK are watching. For viewing from November 1st, BARB will report Netflix viewing every day at both a service and a programme level to its clients.
News categories: BARB, Netflix, Justin Sampson, Reed Hastings, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
Aug 17, 2022 – Ofcom’s fifth annual Media Nations report shows that younger adults now watch almost seven times less scheduled TV than those aged 65 and over, as the generation gap in media habits reaches a record high.
News categories: Ofcom, Ian Macrae, Broadcast, Digital TV, Market Research, TV-over-IP, UK
BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
Aug 4, 2022 – BARB has released data from its UK Establishment Survey for Q2 2022, showing a decline in the number of UK households with access to SVOD services. In Q2 2022, 19.19 million UK homes had access, a decrease of 382k from 19.57 million in Q1 2022.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, UK
UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
Jun 22, 2022 – BARB has released data from its Establishment Survey for Q1 2022. In Q1 2022, the number of UK households with access to an SVOD service reached 19.57 million UK homes (68.5% of households), an increase of almost 500k homes since Q4 2021.
News categories: BARB, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
FIFA launches FIFA+ digital platform
Apr 12, 2022 – FIFA has launched FIFA+. FIFA+ provides access to live football matches from every corner of the world, interactive games, news, tournament information, video content delivering storytelling around the game, and more.
News categories: FIFA, Gianni Infantino, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
C&W brings Paramount+ to Flow and BTC subscribers in the Caribbean
Mar 28, 2022 – Paramount+ has announced an alliance with C&W Communications to bring its premium content exclusively to subscribers of Flow and BTC video services in more than 15 new markets in the Caribbean.
News categories: C&W Communications, Paramount+, Britta Reinhardt, Eduardo Lebrija, Cable TV, Caribbean, Digital TV, Streaming
UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q4 2021
Feb 17, 2022 – BARB has released data from its Establishment Survey for Q4 2021. In Q4 2021, the number of UK households with access to an SVOD service rose above 19 million for the first time to reach 19.1 million homes (66.9% of households).
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Dreamia selects Kaltura to power Panda+ kids' streaming service
Dec 16, 2021 – Kaltura has been selected to deliver a multiscreen streaming service platform for channel producer Dreamia. Kids' OTT service Panda+ is powered by a solution comprising the Kaltura TV Platform with front end and UI provided by Kaltura.
News categories: Kaltura, Dreamia, Nuno Sanches, Susanna Barbato, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, Streaming, UX
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS