Digital TV News: BARB
UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
Jun 22, 2022 – BARB has released data from its Establishment Survey for Q1 2022. In Q1 2022, the number of UK households with access to an SVOD service reached 19.57 million UK homes (68.5% of households), an increase of almost 500k homes since Q4 2021.
News categories: BARB, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
FIFA launches FIFA+ digital platform
Apr 12, 2022 – FIFA has launched FIFA+. FIFA+ provides access to live football matches from every corner of the world, interactive games, news, tournament information, video content delivering storytelling around the game, and more.
News categories: FIFA, Gianni Infantino, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
C&W brings Paramount+ to Flow and BTC subscribers in the Caribbean
Mar 28, 2022 – Paramount+ has announced an alliance with C&W Communications to bring its premium content exclusively to subscribers of Flow and BTC video services in more than 15 new markets in the Caribbean.
News categories: C&W Communications, Paramount+, Britta Reinhardt, Eduardo Lebrija, Cable TV, Caribbean, Digital TV, Streaming
UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q4 2021
Feb 17, 2022 – BARB has released data from its Establishment Survey for Q4 2021. In Q4 2021, the number of UK households with access to an SVOD service rose above 19 million for the first time to reach 19.1 million homes (66.9% of households).
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Dreamia selects Kaltura to power Panda+ kids' streaming service
Dec 16, 2021 – Kaltura has been selected to deliver a multiscreen streaming service platform for channel producer Dreamia. Kids' OTT service Panda+ is powered by a solution comprising the Kaltura TV Platform with front end and UI provided by Kaltura.
News categories: Kaltura, Dreamia, Nuno Sanches, Susanna Barbato, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, Streaming, UX
Kantar appointed for TV audience measurement in Azerbaijan
Dec 7, 2021 – Kantar has been selected by the Azerbaijani TV industry to supply technology for a TV audience measurement currency in the country. Kantar will also support MARSA in the implementation of a nationally representative panel of households.
News categories: Kantar, Keld Nielsen, Suriyya Alizade, Advertising, Azerbaijan, Big Data, Digital TV
BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
Nov 30, 2021 – BARB has upgraded its audience reporting with the introduction of SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement. BARB is now able to measure the reach and total time spent viewing SVOD services through data collected from router meters installed in BARB panel homes.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Grupo Werthein takes ownership of Vrio
Nov 15, 2021 – With the completion of acquisition closing procedures, Grupo Werthein has taken ownership of 100% of the equity of Vrio. Vrio offers live content and OnDemand services through DIRECTV Latin America, SKY Brazil and DIRECTV GO.
News categories: Grupo Werthein, Vrio, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, Satellite, Streaming
Liberty Latin America adds 18,600 video RGUs in 3Q 2021
Nov 2, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) has announced results for the period ended September 30, 2021. The company added 18,600 video RGUs in the quarter, to finish with a total of 1,987,500 subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Bahamas, Barbados, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Results, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
- Vewd acquired by Xperi
- FIFA+ to launch on Hisense VIDAA TVs ahead of World Cup
- inext provides Android STB for Kyivstar in Ukraine
- iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
- 58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience