Digital TV News: BBC Studios
ITV invests in BritBox Australia
Aug 20, 2020 – ITV SVOD Australia, a wholly-owned subsidiary of ITV plc, has agreed to invest AUD 17.7 million in The BritBox Australia Partnership over a period of three years. BBC Studios will be providing equal funding.
News categories: ITV plc, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Venture Capital
BritBox to launch in Australia
Mar 5, 2020 – BBC Studios has announced plans to launch BritBox in Australia. The SVOD streaming service will bring Australians British TV shows, and will add to the rollout of the service in North America and in the UK.
News categories: BBC Studios, ITV Studios, BritBox, Fiona Lang, Augustus Dulgaro, Australia, Digital TV, OTT
Synamedia appoints VP for Advanced Advertising and Data
Aug 27, 2019 – Synamedia has appointed Scott Kewley as VP Advanced Advertising and Data Products. Scott will lead Synamedia’s addressable advertising and data monetization business, building on the firm's collaboration with Sky on its AdSmart platform.
News categories: Synamedia, Scott Kewley, Jean-Marc Racine, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Discovery and BBC Studios planning global streaming service
Apr 1, 2019 – Discovery and BBC Studios have announced a series of agreements, with a content partnership spanning a library of factual series to power a new global streaming service, and a bespoke development deal for BBC Studios’ documentaries.
News categories: BBC Studios, Discovery, Inc, Tony Hall, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, Worldwide
BritBox surpasses half a million subscribers
Jan 17, 2019 – BritBox, the SVOD streaming service from BBC Studios, has announced that it is celebrating half million (500,000) subscribers, doubling year-on-year, as it ends its 22nd month in the U.S. and 11th month in Canada.
News categories: BritBox, BBC Studios, ITV, Soumya Sriraman, Ann Sarnoff, Martin Goswami, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
Brightcove and Evergent provide TV-everywhere integration for BBC Player
Sep 14, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) and Evergent have announced their engagement with BBC Studios, enabling the company to seamlessly integrate and authenticate its BBC Player products with telecommunications providers globally.
News categories: Brightcove, Evergent, BBC Studios, Mark Blair, Vijay Sajja, Shad Hashmi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025