Digital TV News: BBC Studios
BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
Oct 22, 2021 – Details of the BBC Net Zero strategy include: switching to renewables and EVs; reducing business travel; continuing to implement more sustainable production methods; and working with suppliers to reduce emissions within their own organisations.
News categories: BBC, SBTi, Tim Davie, Danielle Mulder, Christina Figueres, Digital TV, UK
ITV invests in BritBox Australia
Aug 20, 2020 – ITV SVOD Australia, a wholly-owned subsidiary of ITV plc, has agreed to invest AUD 17.7 million in The BritBox Australia Partnership over a period of three years. BBC Studios will be providing equal funding.
News categories: ITV plc, Australia, Digital TV, Streaming, Venture Capital
BritBox to launch in Australia
Mar 5, 2020 – BBC Studios has announced plans to launch BritBox in Australia. The SVOD streaming service will bring Australians British TV shows, and will add to the rollout of the service in North America and in the UK.
News categories: BBC Studios, ITV Studios, BritBox, Fiona Lang, Augustus Dulgaro, Australia, Digital TV, Streaming
Synamedia appoints VP for Advanced Advertising and Data
Aug 27, 2019 – Synamedia has appointed Scott Kewley as VP Advanced Advertising and Data Products. Scott will lead Synamedia’s addressable advertising and data monetization business, building on the firm's collaboration with Sky on its AdSmart platform.
News categories: Synamedia, Scott Kewley, Jean-Marc Racine, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Discovery and BBC Studios planning global streaming service
Apr 1, 2019 – Discovery and BBC Studios have announced a series of agreements, with a content partnership spanning a library of factual series to power a new global streaming service, and a bespoke development deal for BBC Studios’ documentaries.
News categories: BBC Studios, Discovery, Inc, Tony Hall, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
BritBox surpasses half a million subscribers
Jan 17, 2019 – BritBox, the SVOD streaming service from BBC Studios, has announced that it is celebrating half million (500,000) subscribers, doubling year-on-year, as it ends its 22nd month in the U.S. and 11th month in Canada.
News categories: BritBox, BBC Studios, ITV, Soumya Sriraman, Ann Sarnoff, Martin Goswami, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Brightcove and Evergent provide TV-everywhere integration for BBC Player
Sep 14, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) and Evergent have announced their engagement with BBC Studios, enabling the company to seamlessly integrate and authenticate its BBC Player products with telecommunications providers globally.
News categories: Brightcove, Evergent, BBC Studios, Mark Blair, Vijay Sajja, Shad Hashmi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor