Digital TV News: BSNL
Multiplay service revenue in India to grow at 4.9% CAGR over 2022-2027
May 22, 2023 – Multiplay service revenue in India is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% between 2022 and 2027 in line with the rising adoption of service bundles, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Pradeepthi Kantipudi, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research
Multi-play service revenue to grow at 5.4% CAGR in India
Jun 25, 2021 – Multi-play service revenues in India are expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% between 2020 and 2025, supported by improving fixed infrastructure in the country, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research
YuppTV joins forces with BSNL for triple play services
Oct 21, 2019 – YuppTV is working with Indian broadband provider BSNL. The pair have entered into a triple play partnership for video and broadband technology services. YuppTV offers Live TV channels and catch-up, movies and exclusive originals.
News categories: YuppTV, BSNL, Uday Reddy, Pravin Kumar Purwar, Vivek Banzal, Digital TV, Fibre, India, IPTV
India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
Jul 18, 2019 – techARC-Unomer has released some key insights about OTT Entertainment (Live and VOD) App penetration in India. The insights are from Unomer AppMap, an in-depth analysis of smartphone and consumer data collected from over 5 million smartphone users across the country.
News categories: techARC, Unomer, Faisal Kawoosa, Vinay Bapna, Apps, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
SITI Cable adds 0.4 million video subscribers in 3Q 2016
Nov 22, 2016 – SITI Networks (BSE: 532795, NSE: SITINET) [Siti Cable] has announced results for its second quarter ended September 30, 2016. The company added 0.4 million digital video subscribers to bring its total to 8.7 million.
News categories: SITI Networks, Cable TV, India, Results, Subscribers
Fixed broadband subscribers to approach 1 billion in 2019
Apr 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) fixed broadband subscribers grew 8% in 2014, reaching 733 million as service providers continue to steadily add subscribers. Subscriber growth is being driven by FTTH and DOCSIS 3.0.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
SNL Kagan Analysis of Asia-Pacific Broadband Indicates Growth Despite Recession
Jul 19, 2010 – In a recent analysis of the Asia-Pacific broadband market, SNL Kagan found that despite recessionary pressures, the region's broadband subscriber base grew 17.7% to 181.4 million in 2009 compared to 154.1 million in 2008.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Asia, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
Keisense and DiviNet Partner to Jointly Deliver Interactive TV Services
Jul 6, 2009 – DiviNet and Keisense have announced the successful integration of Keisense's ConnecTiVi into DiviNet's IPTV network. The combined solution will enable a range of interactive services over legacy television sets.
News categories: DiviNet, Keisense, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
ROK Mobile TV Deploys Across India with BSNL
Jun 4, 2009 – ROK Entertainment has announced the launch of TINY TV across India with leading mobile operator BSNL. TINY TV is the first nationwide, subscription-based, mobile TV service in India to be streamed over mass-market 2.5G GPRS.
News categories: ROK Entertainment, BSNL, Digital TV, India, Mobile
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data