Digital TV News: BSNL
YuppTV joins forces with BSNL for triple play services
Oct 21, 2019 – YuppTV is working with Indian broadband provider BSNL. The pair have entered into a triple play partnership for video and broadband technology services. YuppTV offers Live TV channels and catch-up, movies and exclusive originals.
News categories: YuppTV, BSNL, Uday Reddy, Pravin Kumar Purwar, Vivek Banzal, Digital TV, Fibre, India, IPTV
India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
Jul 18, 2019 – techARC-Unomer has released some key insights about OTT Entertainment (Live and VOD) App penetration in India. The insights are from Unomer AppMap, an in-depth analysis of smartphone and consumer data collected from over 5 million smartphone users across the country.
News categories: techARC, Unomer, Faisal Kawoosa, Vinay Bapna, Apps, Digital TV, India, Market Research, OTT
SITI Cable adds 0.4 million video subscribers in 3Q 2016
Nov 22, 2016 – SITI Networks (BSE: 532795, NSE: SITINET) [Siti Cable] has announced results for its second quarter ended September 30, 2016. The company added 0.4 million digital video subscribers to bring its total to 8.7 million.
News categories: SITI Networks, Cable TV, India, Results, Subscribers
Fixed broadband subscribers to approach 1 billion in 2019
Apr 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) fixed broadband subscribers grew 8% in 2014, reaching 733 million as service providers continue to steadily add subscribers. Subscriber growth is being driven by FTTH and DOCSIS 3.0.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
SNL Kagan Analysis of Asia-Pacific Broadband Indicates Growth Despite Recession
Jul 19, 2010 – In a recent analysis of the Asia-Pacific broadband market, SNL Kagan found that despite recessionary pressures, the region's broadband subscriber base grew 17.7% to 181.4 million in 2009 compared to 154.1 million in 2008.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Asia, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Keisense and DiviNet Partner to Jointly Deliver Interactive TV Services
Jul 6, 2009 – DiviNet and Keisense have announced the successful integration of Keisense's ConnecTiVi into DiviNet's IPTV network. The combined solution will enable a range of interactive services over legacy television sets.
News categories: DiviNet, Keisense, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
ROK Mobile TV Deploys Across India with BSNL
Jun 4, 2009 – ROK Entertainment has announced the launch of TINY TV across India with leading mobile operator BSNL. TINY TV is the first nationwide, subscription-based, mobile TV service in India to be streamed over mass-market 2.5G GPRS.
News categories: ROK Entertainment, BSNL, Digital TV, India, Mobile
SeaChange Rolls Out Products and Services for Smart Digivision's MYWay IPTV
Mar 30, 2009 – India's Smart Digivision MyWay IPTV service is taking advantage of products and services from SeaChange International (Nasdaq: SEAC). Customers of BSNL and MTNL are among the first to enjoy MyWay's on-demand, broadcast and convergence offerings.
News categories: SeaChange, MyWay, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Middleware
BSNL Launches IPTV Services with Verimatrix Content Security System
Mar 16, 2009 – Verimatrix has announced that its Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV has been deployed to protect IPTV services to Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd's (BSNL) customers.
News categories: Verimatrix, BSNL, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, IPTV
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet