Digital TV News: Barb
MetaBroadcast partners with Gracenote for Barb contract
Dec 7, 2023 – MetaBroadcast will use Gracenote schedule metadata and unique content identifiers as part of its contract with Barb to operate Barb's combined content ID and genre allocation system.
News categories: Gracenote, MetaBroadcast, Barb, Tim Cutting, Jamie Mackinlay, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
Dec 4, 2023 – Barb has awarded three contracts for its audience measurement service: metadata and interim overnight programme logs to MetaBroadcast and interim overnight commercial spot logs to Clearcast.
News categories: Barb, MetaBroadcast, Clearcast, Caroline Baxter, Jamie Mackinlay, David Joel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
UK's Channel 4 records streaming high in October
Nov 15, 2023 – Channel 4 has recorded its biggest-ever month of streaming in October. Data released by Barb showed the channel registered 6.7 billion viewer minutes in October.
News categories: Channel 4, Ian Katz, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Barb releases Q3 2023 UK SVOD subscriptions data
Oct 26, 2023 – Barb has released data from its Establishment Survey showing that 19.3m UK homes (67.3%) had access to an SVOD service in Q3 2023, up from 18.8m (65.9%) that had access in Q2 2023.
News categories: Barb, Justin Sampson, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, UK
Sweden's household media spend reaches record level in Q3
Oct 23, 2023 – According to Mediavision, household spend on media continues to rise in Sweden. In Q3, average monthly spend hit a new record of SEK 855 ($78), up 6% compared to the same period last year.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Sweden, TV Services
Barb issues invitation to tender for Establishment Survey contract
Oct 20, 2023 – Barb has issued an invitation to tender to run its Establishment Survey. The survey collects data on UK households to ensure that the Barb panel accurately reflects the UK population.
News categories: Barb, Caroline Baxter, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
Sep 20, 2023 – Barb has upgraded its API to include all data available in its panel viewing file, including non-linear viewing on BVOD, SVOD and video-sharing services plus viewing on PCs, tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Barb, Jim Jarrett, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
Barb releases Q2 2023 UK SVOD subscriptions data
Aug 17, 2023 – Barb has released survey data showing that 65.9% of UK households had access to an SVOD service in Q2 2023. Netflix and Amazon Prime Video saw quarterly drops in penetration.
News categories: Barb, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Ofcom releases Communications Market 2023 report
Jul 20, 2023 – According to Ofcom's Communications Market Report, UK audiovisual revenues increased to £20bn in 2022, up by 5.3% on 2021. The increase was driven by SVOD and online video advertising.
News categories: Ofcom, Broadcast, Digital TV, Market Research, TV-over-IP, UK
- Link Net fixed broadband business to move to XL Axiata
- World Archery partners with Joymo to upgrade Archery+ platform
- 20% of US internet households own a TV antenna, and 12% plan to buy one
- MetaBroadcast partners with Gracenote for Barb contract
- Amdocs research reveals streaming consumer expectations for 2024
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics