Digital TV News: Belgacom
Verimatrix joins Frog by Wyplay
Sep 3, 2015 – Wyplay has announced that Verimatrix has joined the Frog by Wyplay community and that the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) will be part of the new Frog Turnkey Broadcast/IP bundle on set top box (STB) devices.
News categories: Wyplay, Verimatrix, Dominique Féral, Steve Christian, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Retail OTT set-top boxes set to overtake telco IPTV STB shipments
May 11, 2015 – Global shipments of over-the-top (OTT) set-top boxes (STBs) sold at retail -- including Apple TV, Chromecast and Roku boxes -- will overtake shipments of IPTV STBs used for pay TV services in 2015, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS, Daniel Simmons, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Wyplay integrates Netflix for Belgium's Proximus TV
Feb 3, 2015 – Wyplay has announced the deployment of Netflix on Proximus TV, Belgacom’s IPTV offering, which will take place over a period of several months. Gradually Proximus TV customers will have direct access to Netflix via their usual menu.
News categories: Wyplay, Proximus TV, Netflix, Jacques Bourgninaud, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Belgacom TV adds 30,000 subscriptions in 1Q 2014
May 9, 2014 – The Belgacom Group has reported results for the first quarter of 2014. In the quarter, Belgacom added 30,000 TV subscriptions (including 9,000 multiple set-top boxes), slightly increasing Belgacom’s TV market share.
News categories: Belgacom, Belgium, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Belgacom launches V5 Mini set-top box
Apr 29, 2014 – Belgacom has announced the availability of its V5 Mini set-top box for Belgacom TV customers. Designed to serve as a second or third decoder, it has no hard disk and is smaller, lighter and more economical as well as fast and powerful.
News categories: Belgacom, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, Set Top Box
Belgacom launches TV Replay in Dutch-speaking parts of Belgium
Feb 17, 2014 – TV Replay is a Belgacom service which allows Belgacom TV customers to watch programs up to 36 hours after they've been broadcast, on their TV, computer, tablet or smartphone.
News categories: Belgacom, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, TV Everywhere
Wyplay extends collaboration with STMicroelectronics
Jan 6, 2014 – Wyplay has announced an extension of its collaboration with STMicroelectronics to make the Frog by Wyplay open-source solution available on STMicroelectronics’ ‘Cannes’ and ‘Monaco’ System-on-Chip families.
News categories: Frog By Wyplay, STMicroelectronics, Wyplay, Hervé Mathieu, Jacques Bourgninaud, CES2021, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Frog By Wyplay middleware available on MStar MSD7C89
Jan 6, 2014 – Wyplay and MStar Semiconductor have officially unveiled the integration of the Frog By Wyplay solution onto their latest MSD7C89 SetTopBox chip.
News categories: Frog By Wyplay, MStar Semi, Phillippe Notton, Jacques Bourgninaud, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Wyplay chooses Sigma SMP8700 family for Frog by Wyplay
Jan 6, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a collaboration with middleware vendor Wyplay. Together they have extended a porting effort on Sigma's new ARM based STB SoC product line.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Wyplay, Mustafa Ozgen, Jacques Bourgninaud, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic