Digital TV News: Belgacom
Verimatrix joins Frog by Wyplay
Sep 3, 2015 – Wyplay has announced that Verimatrix has joined the Frog by Wyplay community and that the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) will be part of the new Frog Turnkey Broadcast/IP bundle on set top box (STB) devices.
News categories: Wyplay, Verimatrix, Dominique Féral, Steve Christian, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Retail OTT set-top boxes set to overtake telco IPTV STB shipments
May 11, 2015 – Global shipments of over-the-top (OTT) set-top boxes (STBs) sold at retail -- including Apple TV, Chromecast and Roku boxes -- will overtake shipments of IPTV STBs used for pay TV services in 2015, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS, Daniel Simmons, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Wyplay integrates Netflix for Belgium's Proximus TV
Feb 3, 2015 – Wyplay has announced the deployment of Netflix on Proximus TV, Belgacom’s IPTV offering, which will take place over a period of several months. Gradually Proximus TV customers will have direct access to Netflix via their usual menu.
News categories: Wyplay, Proximus TV, Netflix, Jacques Bourgninaud, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
Belgacom TV adds 30,000 subscriptions in 1Q 2014
May 9, 2014 – The Belgacom Group has reported results for the first quarter of 2014. In the quarter, Belgacom added 30,000 TV subscriptions (including 9,000 multiple set-top boxes), slightly increasing Belgacom’s TV market share.
News categories: Belgacom, Belgium, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Belgacom launches V5 Mini set-top box
Apr 29, 2014 – Belgacom has announced the availability of its V5 Mini set-top box for Belgacom TV customers. Designed to serve as a second or third decoder, it has no hard disk and is smaller, lighter and more economical as well as fast and powerful.
News categories: Belgacom, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, Set Top Box
Belgacom launches TV Replay in Dutch-speaking parts of Belgium
Feb 17, 2014 – TV Replay is a Belgacom service which allows Belgacom TV customers to watch programs up to 36 hours after they've been broadcast, on their TV, computer, tablet or smartphone.
News categories: Belgacom, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, TV Everywhere
Wyplay extends collaboration with STMicroelectronics
Jan 6, 2014 – Wyplay has announced an extension of its collaboration with STMicroelectronics to make the Frog by Wyplay open-source solution available on STMicroelectronics’ ‘Cannes’ and ‘Monaco’ System-on-Chip families.
News categories: Frog By Wyplay, STMicroelectronics, Wyplay, Hervé Mathieu, Jacques Bourgninaud, CES2023, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Frog By Wyplay middleware available on MStar MSD7C89
Jan 6, 2014 – Wyplay and MStar Semiconductor have officially unveiled the integration of the Frog By Wyplay solution onto their latest MSD7C89 SetTopBox chip.
News categories: Frog By Wyplay, MStar Semi, Phillippe Notton, Jacques Bourgninaud, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Wyplay chooses Sigma SMP8700 family for Frog by Wyplay
Jan 6, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a collaboration with middleware vendor Wyplay. Together they have extended a porting effort on Sigma's new ARM based STB SoC product line.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Wyplay, Mustafa Ozgen, Jacques Bourgninaud, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December