Digital TV News: Belgacom
Verimatrix joins Frog by Wyplay
Sep 3, 2015 – Wyplay has announced that Verimatrix has joined the Frog by Wyplay community and that the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) will be part of the new Frog Turnkey Broadcast/IP bundle on set top box (STB) devices.
News categories: Wyplay, Verimatrix, Dominique Féral, Steve Christian, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Retail OTT set-top boxes set to overtake telco IPTV STB shipments
May 11, 2015 – Global shipments of over-the-top (OTT) set-top boxes (STBs) sold at retail -- including Apple TV, Chromecast and Roku boxes -- will overtake shipments of IPTV STBs used for pay TV services in 2015, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS, Daniel Simmons, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Wyplay integrates Netflix for Belgium's Proximus TV
Feb 3, 2015 – Wyplay has announced the deployment of Netflix on Proximus TV, Belgacom’s IPTV offering, which will take place over a period of several months. Gradually Proximus TV customers will have direct access to Netflix via their usual menu.
News categories: Wyplay, Proximus TV, Netflix, Jacques Bourgninaud, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Belgacom TV adds 30,000 subscriptions in 1Q 2014
May 9, 2014 – The Belgacom Group has reported results for the first quarter of 2014. In the quarter, Belgacom added 30,000 TV subscriptions (including 9,000 multiple set-top boxes), slightly increasing Belgacom’s TV market share.
News categories: Belgacom, Belgium, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Belgacom launches V5 Mini set-top box
Apr 29, 2014 – Belgacom has announced the availability of its V5 Mini set-top box for Belgacom TV customers. Designed to serve as a second or third decoder, it has no hard disk and is smaller, lighter and more economical as well as fast and powerful.
News categories: Belgacom, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, Set Top Box
Belgacom launches TV Replay in Dutch-speaking parts of Belgium
Feb 17, 2014 – TV Replay is a Belgacom service which allows Belgacom TV customers to watch programs up to 36 hours after they've been broadcast, on their TV, computer, tablet or smartphone.
News categories: Belgacom, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, TV Everywhere
Wyplay extends collaboration with STMicroelectronics
Jan 6, 2014 – Wyplay has announced an extension of its collaboration with STMicroelectronics to make the Frog by Wyplay open-source solution available on STMicroelectronics’ ‘Cannes’ and ‘Monaco’ System-on-Chip families.
News categories: Frog By Wyplay, STMicroelectronics, Wyplay, Hervé Mathieu, Jacques Bourgninaud, CES, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Frog By Wyplay middleware available on MStar MSD7C89
Jan 6, 2014 – Wyplay and MStar Semiconductor have officially unveiled the integration of the Frog By Wyplay solution onto their latest MSD7C89 SetTopBox chip.
News categories: Frog By Wyplay, MStar Semi, Phillippe Notton, Jacques Bourgninaud, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Wyplay chooses Sigma SMP8700 family for Frog by Wyplay
Jan 6, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a collaboration with middleware vendor Wyplay. Together they have extended a porting effort on Sigma's new ARM based STB SoC product line.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Wyplay, Mustafa Ozgen, Jacques Bourgninaud, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0