Digital TV News: Bell
Peacock coming to Sky later this year
Jul 29, 2021 – Comcast has announced that beginning later this year, Peacock will make its international debut on Sky platforms, including Sky Q, NOW, and Sky Ticket, for customers in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Austria, and Switzerland.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Sky, Jeff Shell, Dana Strong, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Switzerland, UK
CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
Jul 19, 2021 – CNN+ will feature original, live, on demand and interactive programming as a standalone D2C service with offerings that are separate and distinct from CNN, CNN International, HLN and CNN en Español linear TV channels.
News categories: CNN, Jeff Zucker, Andrew Morse, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
ucfunnel adopts Unified ID 2.0
Jul 15, 2021 – Programmatic solution provider, ucfunnel, has adopted Unified ID 2.0, an industry-wide approach to internet identity. ucfunnel partners with Smart TVs powered by MediaTek and with CTV portal company NetRange.
News categories: ucfunnel, The Trade Desk, Ryan Chou, Douglas Choy, Advertising, Asia, Big Data, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
Jun 8, 2021 – Evolution Digital has announced that TDS Telecom plans to deploy eSTREAM 4K, its Android TV set-top box. The box integrates third-party apps and a voice-enabled remote control with TDS' managed TiVo application.
News categories: Evolution Digital, TDS Telecom, Marc Cohen, Ken Paker, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
May 4, 2021 – According to IAB's 'Video Ad Spend 2020 and Outlook for 2021' report, digital video advertising growth continues. Connected TV (CTV) continues to outpace other formats and shows no signs of slowing down.
News categories: IAB, Eric John, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Bell and Xandr create omni-channel DSP for advertisers in Canada
Apr 28, 2021 – Bell and Xandr have announced an omni-channel demand-side platform for Canadian advertisers. The Bell Media product, branded SAM DSP, will enable targeted campaigns using inventory over multiple platforms and channels.
News categories: Xandr, Bell Media, Mike Welch, Nauby Jacob, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV
Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
Apr 15, 2021 – The world's first hologram dining experience has opened in London and Edinburgh. Virgin Media’s 'Two Hearts Pizzeria' will connect diners at opposite ends of the UK via a real-time holographic dining experience.
News categories: Virgin Media, Jeff Dodds, Dr James Bellini, Digital TV, UK, VR
Nokia trials video over 5G with TV Azteca in Mexico
Mar 23, 2021 – Nokia has completed a trial with TV Azteca in Mexico of video transmission, using 5G standalone and edge computing. The trial explored latency reduction, as well as identifying improvements in efficiency, flexibility and cost.
News categories: Nokia, TV Azteca, Marcelo Entreconti, Pedro Manuel Carmona Ortiz, 5G, Digital TV, Mexico
SES now reaches 361 million TV homes worldwide
Mar 23, 2021 – SES has announced the results of its annual Satellite Monitor market research. SES now delivers 8,265 channels, with almost 3,000 in HD, to a total of 361 million households worldwide.
News categories: SES S.A, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion
- Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
- Disney+ comes to Panasonic TVs
- Innovid introduces interoperable infrastructure for identity resolution
- Ampersand launches improved solution for multiscreen TV campaign measurement
- Dl Gtpl chooses ATEME cable headend solution
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations