Digital TV News: Bell
Disney+ rolls out in Europe
Mar 24, 2020 – Disney+ has launched in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, and Switzerland. The service will launch in France on April 7th. Audiences can stream Disney+ on nearly all major mobile and connected TV devices.
News categories: Disney+, Kevin Mayer, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Games Console, Germany, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Spain, Switzerland, Tablet, UK
Cincinnati Bell to be acquired by Macquarie
Mar 13, 2020 – Cincinnati Bell (NYSE:CBB), together with Macquarie Infrastructure Partners (MIP), has announced an agreement through which a MIP-controlled subsidiary will acquire all outstanding shares of Cincinnati Bell.
News categories: Cincinnati Bell, Macquarie Infrastructure Partners, Ares Management, Lynn A. Wentworth, Leigh Fox, Karl Kuchel, Scott Graves, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, USA
GroupM launches Finecast addressable TV in Canada
Mar 5, 2020 – GroupM has announced the Canadian launch of Finecast. After launching and running campaigns in the UK and Australia, this entrance into the Canadian market solidifies Finecast as a global platform for targeting audiences via connected TV.
News categories: Finecast, GroupM, Jakob Nielsen, Stuart Garvie, Advertising, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, OTT
Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
Jan 21, 2020 – The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer & International segment has set March 24th as the new launch date for Disney+ in markets across Western Europe. Pricing has also been confirmed at £5.99/€6.99 per month, or £59.99/€69.99 for an annual subscription.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, OTT
ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
Jan 16, 2020 – Innovid and the Association of National Advertisers (ANA) have released a study that reveals that connected TV (CTV) significantly extends reach, provides more interactivity and increases earned time over standard ad experiences.
News categories: Innovid, ANA, Jessica Hogue, Bob Liodice, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
Jan 15, 2020 – Cincinnati Bell has announced a partnership with YouTube TV that will allow Cincinnati Bell and Hawaiian Telcom customers to stream content via Cincinnati Bell's fiber network. YouTube TV offers live TV that can be watched on any screen.
News categories: Cincinnati Bell, YouTube TV, Tom Simpson, Digital TV, Fibre, OTT, USA
Synaptics announces video SoCs with built-in secure AI framework
Jan 6, 2020 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced its VideoSmart VS600 family of multimedia SoCs designed with human perceptive intelligence for smart displays, smart cameras, video soundbars, set-top-boxes, voice-enabled devices and computer vision IoT products.
News categories: Synaptics, Saleel Awsare, Blake Kozak, CES2020, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Disney+ launches in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands
Nov 12, 2019 – Disney+, from The Walt Disney Company, is now live in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, bringing together for the first time a lineup of content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and more.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Robert A. Iger, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Netherlands, OTT, USA
Bell Media to acquire V Network and Noovo.ca
Jul 24, 2019 – Bell Media has announced that it has entered into an agreement with the shareholders of Groupe V Média to acquire conventional network V along with related digital assets including the ad-supported VOD service Noovo.ca.
News categories: Bell Media, Groupe V Média, Karine Moses, Maxime Rémillard, Canada, Digital TV, MnA, OTT
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation