Digital TV News: Bonnier Broadcasting
EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
Nov 12, 2019 – The European Commission has approved, under the EU Merger Regulation, the proposed acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting by Telia. The approval is conditional on full compliance with a commitments package offered by Telia.
News categories: European Commission, Telia, Bonnier Broadcasting, Digital TV, Finland, MnA, Sweden
EU opens competition investigation into Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting
May 10, 2019 – The European Commission has opened an investigation to assess the proposed acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting by Telia Company. The Commission is concerned that the merged entity may shut out competitors from the audio-visual sector in Finland and Sweden.
News categories: European Commission, Telia Company, Bonnier Broadcasting, Digital TV, Finland, MnA, Regulation, Sweden
Mediavision: Nordic AVOD viewing growing, local players gaining share
Jan 31, 2019 – According to Mediavision, AVOD viewing across the Nordics has grown considerably over the last couple of years. Incumbent actors, both broadcasters and other traditional media companies, are contributing through their ad-funded offerings.
News categories: Mediavision, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, OTT, Sweden
Bonnier Broadcasting chooses Paywizard to manage OTT customer engagement
Sep 24, 2018 – Bonnier Broadcasting has chosen Paywizard for its subscription OTT TV services. Bonnier wanted to create a single customer view (SCV) database to be able to draw on insight from all of its services. Paywizard’s Decision Moments framework uses this data to prompt proactive moves by Bonnier at critical points in the customer journey.
News categories: Paywizard, Bonnier, Bhavesh Vaghela, Daniel Lindén, Big Data, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Sweden
Telia Company confirms discussions with Bonnier
May 25, 2018 – Telia Company has noted speculation in the media regarding a potential acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting. Telia Company has at this stage no further comment but will communicate further if and when appropriate.
News categories: Telia Co, Bonnier, Digital TV, MnA, Sweden
TV4 Sweden chooses Norigin Media for smart TV apps
Nov 13, 2017 – Norigin Media has announced that Sweden's TV4 Group has chosen Norigin's Canvas Apps development services to build Smart TV Apps for their new AVoD service. The advanced OTT platform will give viewers free access to both live and on-demand content.
News categories: Norigin Media, Bonnier, TV4 Group, Ajey Anand, Cecilia Engelbert, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden, UX
Yospace provides server-side dynamic ad insertion for TV4 Play in Sweden
Nov 1, 2017 – Sweden’s largest commercial broadcaster, TV4, has chosen Yospace Dynamic Ad Insertion to monetise live channels on its TV everywhere platform, TV4 Play. TV4 is using Yospace’s server-side DAI system to open up new inventory across its live streams.
News categories: Yospace, Bonnier, TV4, Edward New, Marcus Lindén, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Sweden
Bonnier and Ericsson collaborate on Nordic VOD service
Apr 13, 2015 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected to provide the online video platform to the over-the-top (OTT) and live TV subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service, C More, currently being developed by Bonnier Broadcasting for the Nordic countries.
News categories: Ericsson, Bonnier, Thorsten Sauer, Casten Almqvist, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, DRM, Finland, Iceland, Middleware, Norway, OTT, Sweden
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K