Digital TV News: Cadence
LG Smart TVs to get Stadia cloud gaming in late 2021
Jan 11, 2021 – LG has announced a plan with Google to bring Stadia to its webOS smart TVs later this year. After Stadia comes to Google TV, LG will be the first TV manufacturer to natively support Stadia gameplay.
News categories: LG Electronics, Stadia, Lee Sang-woo, Android TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Beachfront introduces Pod Bidding for Connected TV advertising
Apr 30, 2020 – Beachfront is introducing Pod Bidding for CTV advertising. Beachfront's Pod Bidding is designed to help video publishers construct and auction ad pods ['ad break'-style sequences of ads] while fully supporting de-duplication and competitive separation.
News categories: Beachfront, Frank Sinton, Ben Abbatiello, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
HBO Max to launch on May 27th
Apr 21, 2020 – WarnerMedia's streaming platform HBO Max will launch on May 27th. With 10,000 hours of curated premium content, HBO Max will bring together HBO, third-party programs and movies, and content from Warner Media's library.
News categories: HBO Max, WarnerMedia, Kevin Reilly, Sarah Aubrey, Robert Greenblatt, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
ARM announces Mali-V76 with 8K decode support
May 31, 2018 – As the world moves towards UHD 8K content, ARM is ensuring that its IP will support encoding and decoding for content on smartphones and other devices. The Mali-V76 supports 8K decode up to 60fps or four 4K streams at 60fps.
News categories: ARM, Digital TV, Mobile, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Cadence speeds development of new Realtek DTV SoC
May 3, 2018 – Cadence (NASDAQ: CDNS) has announced that Realtek has used the Cadence Innovus Implementation System for its 28nm Digital TV (DTV) System-on-Chip (SoC) production tapeout and achieved an area improvement and reduced power.
News categories: Realtek, Cadence, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Espial signs DevOps agreement with NOS
Aug 17, 2017 – Espial has announced that it has signed an agreement with NOS to provide agile and DevOps engineering and delivery services. The engagement allows NOS to take a continuous innovation approach and more effectively monetize their video services.
News categories: Espial, NOS, Jaison Dolvane, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UX
The Linux Foundation Announces MeeGo TV Working Group
Mar 22, 2011 – The Linux Foundation has announced the formation of the MeeGo™ Smart TV Working Group. The Working Group is designed to help drive the evolution of MeeGo within the TV ecosystem and provide an open framework for industry creativity and innovation.
News categories: MeeGo, Linux Foundation, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
IDT Introduces 'Vida' HQV Video Processor
Jul 22, 2009 – IDT (NASDAQ: IDTI) has premiered the latest offering from its Hollywood Quality Video™ (HQV®) video processing line. The new chip, the IDT HQV Vida™ processor, transforms standard-definition sources to HD quality and makes HD look even more detailed.
News categories: IDT, DVD, ICs, Semiconductor, Streaming
NICTA develops a world first in semiconductor technology for the wireless home and office of the future
Feb 22, 2008 – The world's first transceiver integrated on a CMOS single chip operating at 60GHz was announced by NICTA, Australia's ICT Research Centre of Excellence. The development will enable the truly wireless office and home of the future.
News categories: NICTA, Australia, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion
- Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
- Disney+ comes to Panasonic TVs
- Innovid introduces interoperable infrastructure for identity resolution
- Ampersand launches improved solution for multiscreen TV campaign measurement
- Dl Gtpl chooses ATEME cable headend solution
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations