Digital TV News: Civolution
4C and iQ Media combine to create unified TV intelligence network
Apr 10, 2019 – 4C and iQ Media have created Kinetiq, an entity that combines iQ Media and 4C's Teletrax. Kinetiq will serve as the world's largest unified TV intelligence network, offering paid and earned media measurement, monitoring and signaling across local, national and global markets.
News categories: iQ Media, 4C Insights, Kinetiq, Kevin Kohn, Dr. Alok Choudhary, Lance Neuhauser, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MnA, USA, Worldwide
Kudelski releases 2016 results
Feb 16, 2017 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2016 annual results. In iDTV, the most significant players in the industry have extended their partnerships with the Group, using some of the most innovative solutions.
News categories: Kudelski Group, Cable TV, Content Protection, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Kudelski acquires watermarking leader NexGuard
Jul 8, 2016 – The Kudelski Group has announced the acquisition of 100% of NexGuard Labs BV (formerly Civolution BV), a leader in digital content watermarking solutions. This move expands the Kudelski Group’s portfolio of end-to-end content protection security solutions.
News categories: Kudelski Group, NexGuard Labs, André Kudelski, Content Protection, Digital TV, MnA, Watermarking, Worldwide
Intertrust adds NexGuard watermarking to ExpressPlay DRM
Feb 17, 2016 – Intertrust has announced that it has added session-based video watermarking capabilities from Civolution’s NexGuard to its ExpressPlay Digital Rights Management (DRM) service.
News categories: Civolution, Intertrust, 20th Century Fox, Harrie Tholen, Talal G. Shamoon, Hanno Basse, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Watermarking, Worldwide
ALi STB chipsets integrate Civolution’s NexGuard forensic watermarking
Jan 7, 2016 – NexGuard has announced the integration of NexGuard forensic watermarking in the lineup of ALi set-top box chipsets. The collaboration provides compliance with MovieLabs security specifications and enables protection of content with forensic watermarking in addition to CAS and DRM systems.
News categories: ALi Corp, NexGuard, Daniel Huang, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, CES2020, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Watermarking, Worldwide
Sigma Designs shipping first UHD TV chip with Dolby Vision
Jan 5, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has begun delivering volume quantities of its STV7701 Ultra HD High Dynamic Range (HDR). The single-chip is the only product shipping that supports multiple HDR standards including Dolby Vision, BD UHD HDR, and HDR 10.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Dolby, Giles Baker, CES2020, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Swisscom offers Marvell-based Ultra HD Android IPTV STBs
Sep 16, 2015 – Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) has expanded its partnership with Swisscom to launch a new line of Ultra HD (UHD) Android IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) powered by Marvell's ARMADA 1500 Ultra (88DE3218) system-on-chip (SoC).
News categories: Marvell, Swisscom, Weili Dai, Peter Fregelius, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Conax, NexGuard and Kudelski Security show watermarking on a SmarDTV UHD gateway
Sep 8, 2015 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced a cooperation with Civolution’s NexGuard to demonstrate forensic watermarking at IBC. The solution combines the capabilities of a SmarDTV UHD Gateway with Civolution’s NexGuard watermarking and the anti-piracy services of Kudelski Security.
News categories: Conax, NexGuard, Kudelski Security, SmarDTV, Tor Helge Kristiansen, Philippe Plantevin, Christophe Nicolas, Content Protection, Gateway, IBC2019, Watermarking, Worldwide
ATEME and NexGuard launch pre-release HDR watermarking
Sep 1, 2015 – NexGuard and ATEME will launch a joint solution for the forensic watermarking of pre-release High Dynamic Range (HDR) video content at IBC. The solution is integrated with ATEME’s TITAN Software Transcoder.
News categories: ATEME, NexGuard, Emmanuel Boureau, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Digital TV, IBC2019, Watermarking, Worldwide
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA