Digital TV News: Cogeco
Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
Sep 21, 2022 – Since the Canadian Energy Efficiency Voluntary Agreement (CEEVA) for Set-Top Boxes launched in 2017, the average energy consumption of new STBs has dropped by 58%, from 116.2 kWh/yr to 48.5 kWh/yr, according to a report.
News categories: CEEVA, NRCan, Fahd Aman, Drew Leyburne, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
WOW! sells five service areas in two separate transactions
Jun 30, 2021 – WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone (NYSE: WOW) has announced that Atlantic Broadband (TSE: CCA) has agreed to acquire its Cleveland and Columbus service areas and Astound Broadband has agreed to acquire its Chicago, Evansville and Anne Arundel areas.
News categories: WOW!, Atlantic Broadband, Astound Broadband, Teresa Elder, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Technicolor Android TV set-top box shipments top 10 million
Mar 30, 2021 – Technicolor has announced that deployment of its Android TV set-top boxes (STBs) has now passed 10 million units. Cable, telco and other pay TV operators around the world continue to rapidly deploy Android TV STBs.
News categories: Technicolor, Mounir Toutah, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
Jan 18, 2021 – Cogeco Connexion (TSX: CCA) has announced the launch of EPICO, an IPTV entertainment experience combining the Internet and television. EPICO is built on the Google Android TV ecosystem.
News categories: Cogeco, Frédéric Perron, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Cogeco rejects takeover proposal from Altice USA and Rogers
Sep 3, 2020 – Cogeco (TSX: CGO) and Cogeco Communications (TSX: CCA) have announced that the independent members of their boards have rejected the unsolicited, non-binding takeover proposal from Altice USA and Rogers Communications.
News categories: Cogeco, Altice USA, Rogers, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Altice USA makes offer for Cogeco to get hold of Atlantic Broadband
Sep 2, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has presented an offer to acquire Cogeco. Altice USA plans to sell Cogeco's Canadian assets to Rogers Communications (TSX:RCI.A and RCI.B, NYSE: RCI) so as to be left with ownership of Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: Altice USA, Cogeco, Rogers Communications, Atlantic Broadband, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Introducing 10G: The next great leap for broadband
Jan 7, 2019 – NCTA, CableLabs and Cable Europe have introduced, at CES, the cable industry’s vision for delivering 10 gigabit networks, or 10G to consumers. To support the rollout, Intel will deliver 10G-ready technology from the network infrastructure to home gateways.
News categories: NCTA, CableLabs, Cable Europe, Intel Corp, Michael Powell, Phil McKinney, Broadband, Cable TV, CES2024, Digital TV, Semiconductor, USA, Worldwide
Cogeco Connexion to introduce MediaFirst IPTV platform
Aug 14, 2018 – Cogeco Connexion (TSX: CCA) has announced that it has entered into an agreement with MediaKind (previously Ericsson Media Solutions) to offer its customers the MediaFirst IPTV platform in Canada.
News categories: Cogeco, MediaKind, Ken Smithard, Michel Blais, Luc Noiseux, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
TV ‘cord-cutting’ in Canada slows in 2017
Mar 14, 2018 – Canada’s publicly traded television service providers combined lost almost 20% fewer TV subscribers in 2017 compared to 2016, bucking the trend of accelerating TV cord-cutting in recent years, according to Boon Dog Professional Services.
News categories: Boon Dog Professional Services, Mario Mota, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond