Digital TV News: CommScope
Orange Slovensko Android TV STB runs on the nangu.TV platform
Oct 4, 2021 – nangu.TV has unveiled that the Android TV Operator Tier set-top box deployed by Orange Slovensko runs on the nangu.TV platform. The 4K UHD box was developed with CommScope and Viaccess Orca.
News categories: nangu.TV, Orange Slovensko, CommScope, Zdeněk Gerlický, Júlia Piovarči, Phil Cardy, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovakia, UX
Evoca selects CommScope for Android TV ATSC 3.0 set-tops
Aug 25, 2021 – CommScope has been selected by Evoca to provide its subscribers with the latest generation of set-top solutions powered by Android TV with integrated dual multimode ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0 tuners.
News categories: CommScope, Evoca, Ken Haase, Todd Achilles, Android TV, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
CommScope develops 4K UHD STB for Orange Slovensko
Aug 25, 2021 – CommScope has partnered with Orange Slovensko to provide their subscribers with the latest generation of set tops powered by Android TV, designed to provide both live TV and premium streaming services.
News categories: CommScope, Orange, Phil Cardy, Júlia Piovarči, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovakia
Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
Jul 22, 2021 – Freesat has become the latest company to have satellite receivers pass the European-wide assurance scheme for TV and Satellite distribution equipment known as the European IRS Certification Scheme (EICS).
News categories: DTG Testing, Freesat, CAI, Digital TV, QoE, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
Jun 21, 2021 – CommScope has announced that View TV Group has selected CommScope's manifest manipulation software to strengthen its broadcast CDN solution with additional dynamic ad insertion functionality.
News categories: CommScope, View TV Group, Morgan Kurk, Dr. Jamie Branson, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
May 13, 2021 – CommScope has announced that a4 has deployed its Video Advertising Solutions to deliver geographic and addressable advertising across a4's video footprint, including both QAM-based and IP video services.
News categories: CommScope, a4, Morgan Kurk, Stephen Douglas, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
Apr 8, 2021 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has announced a plan to spin-off its Home Networks business. The separation is intended to be executed through a spin-off to CommScope shareholders of a new independent publicly traded company.
News categories: CommScope, Chuck Treadway, Joe Chow, CPE, Digital TV, MandA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MediaKind launches Mediaroom Play UX for Android TV STBs
Dec 16, 2020 – MediaKind has announced the launch of Mediaroom Play, a software client for STBs powered by Android TV. The pre-integrated solution is built on CommScope’s VIP7802 box, and includes support for multiple streaming apps.
News categories: MediaKind, Raul Aldrey, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
CommScope contributes to USP Agent for RDK
Nov 17, 2020 – CommScope has collaborated with RDK Management on the User Services Platform (USP) Agent implementation for RDK. USP is the latest Broadband Forum remote management and control protocol for the connected home.
News categories: CommScope, RDK Management, John Blackford, Steve Heeb, CPE, RDK, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying