Digital TV News: CommScope
Vewd acquired by Xperi
Jul 5, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has acquired Vewd Software for $109 million. The acquisition establishes Xperi as a leading independent streaming media platform through its TiVo brand and the largest independent provider of Smart TV middleware globally.
News categories: Xperi, Vewd, Jon Kirchner, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Telenor Sverige selects CommScope set -top powered by Android TV
Jun 2, 2022 – CommScope has partnered with Telenor Sverige to provide its customers with the VIP5702W set top powered by Android TV. The VIP5702W delivers 4K video and comes with dual-band Wi-Fi for flexible deployment in Telenor's networks.
News categories: CommScope, Telenor, 24i, Phil Cardy, Hanna Idstam, Joachim Bergman, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
Commscope to build Orange TV Box 4K set-tops for Moldova
Apr 28, 2022 – CommScope has partnered with Orange Moldova to provide set top boxes powered by Android TV. With the launch of the Orange TV Box 4K, Orange Moldova will offer subscribers a hybrid DVB-C 4K UHD digital video decoder.
News categories: CommScope, Orange, Anthony Zuyderhoff, Olga Surugiu, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Moldova, Set Top Box
Orange Belgium to deploy Android TV STBs from CommScope
Apr 5, 2022 – CommScope has partnered with Orange Belgium to provide its subscribers with set top boxes powered by Android TV. The 4K UHD decoder provides access to streaming apps, cloud recording, and has Chromecast built in.
News categories: CommScope, Orange, Phil Cardy, Thomas Parvais, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
TELUS to deploy CommScope service management platform
Mar 29, 2022 – CommScope will provide TELUS with its cloud-based ECO Service Management Platform to manage the service providers's connected home CPE. The platform automates the management and control of CommScope and third-party CPE devices.
News categories: CommScope, TELUS, Charles Cheevers, Tim Fell, Canada, CPE, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
CommScope postpones plan to spin-off Home Networks division
Feb 17, 2022 – In light of the ongoing impact of supply chain pressures on the Home Networks business, CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has decided that market conditions are not currently conducive to proceeding with the planned spin-off of Home Networks into an independent company.
News categories: CommScope, Chuck Treadway, CPE, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
Jan 13, 2022 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has announced that ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC) has launched FAVE and migrated its DABL and select SHOWTIME linear channels from satellite to CDN IP distribution using its DigiCipher Streaming system.
News categories: CommScope, ViacomCBS, Ric Johnsen, Hardys Eggum, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
Jan 11, 2022 – Access Advance has announced that 28 companies, which together are estimated to account for a substantial percentage of the expected VVC standard essential patent (SEP) landscape, have joined as Licensors of the VVC Advance Patent Pool.
News categories: Access Advance, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
EKTRA selects CommScope STB for Balticum TV in Lithuania
Dec 21, 2021 – CommScope has partnered with EKTRA to provide its Balticum TV customers in Lithuania with the VIP7100 UHD set top solution. The VIP7100 is an interactive IP set top box powered by the Android TV operating system (OS).
News categories: CommScope, EKTRA, Phil Cardy, Valery Alfimov, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, Set Top Box
- Vewd acquired by Xperi
- FIFA+ to launch on Hisense VIDAA TVs ahead of World Cup
- inext provides Android STB for Kyivstar in Ukraine
- iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
- 58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience