Digital TV News: CommScope
ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
Jan 13, 2022 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has announced that ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC) has launched FAVE and migrated its DABL and select SHOWTIME linear channels from satellite to CDN IP distribution using its DigiCipher Streaming system.
News categories: CommScope, ViacomCBS, Ric Johnsen, Hardys Eggum, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
Jan 11, 2022 – Access Advance has announced that 28 companies, which together are estimated to account for a substantial percentage of the expected VVC standard essential patent (SEP) landscape, have joined as Licensors of the VVC Advance Patent Pool.
News categories: Access Advance, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
EKTRA selects CommScope STB for Balticum TV in Lithuania
Dec 21, 2021 – CommScope has partnered with EKTRA to provide its Balticum TV customers in Lithuania with the VIP7100 UHD set top solution. The VIP7100 is an interactive IP set top box powered by the Android TV operating system (OS).
News categories: CommScope, EKTRA, Phil Cardy, Valery Alfimov, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, Set Top Box
CommScope RDK streamers included in Netflix scaling partner program
Dec 10, 2021 – CommScope has announced that its upcoming RDK-based VIP73xx streaming solutions will be included in Netflix’s DaVinci scaling partner program. Netflix launched the program during the Virtual IBC 2021 Show.
News categories: CommScope, Netflix, Joe Chow, Digital TV, IBC2022, RDK, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
Nov 22, 2021 – CommScope has been selected by Foxtel to provide its iQ5 streaming set top box. Through the iQ5, viewers can access streaming apps from Foxtel including Netflix, YouTube, ABC iView, SBS On Demand, Amazon Prime, Vevo, and coming soon, Paramount+ and 10Play.
News categories: CommScope, Foxtel, Phil Cardy, Nick Dandy, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Orange Slovensko Android TV STB runs on the nangu.TV platform
Oct 4, 2021 – nangu.TV has unveiled that the Android TV Operator Tier set-top box deployed by Orange Slovensko runs on the nangu.TV platform. The 4K UHD box was developed with CommScope and Viaccess Orca.
News categories: nangu.TV, Orange Slovensko, CommScope, Zdeněk Gerlický, Júlia Piovarči, Phil Cardy, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovakia, UX
Evoca selects CommScope for Android TV ATSC 3.0 set-tops
Aug 25, 2021 – CommScope has been selected by Evoca to provide its subscribers with the latest generation of set-top solutions powered by Android TV with integrated dual multimode ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0 tuners.
News categories: CommScope, Evoca, Ken Haase, Todd Achilles, Android TV, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
CommScope develops 4K UHD STB for Orange Slovensko
Aug 25, 2021 – CommScope has partnered with Orange Slovensko to provide their subscribers with the latest generation of set tops powered by Android TV, designed to provide both live TV and premium streaming services.
News categories: CommScope, Orange, Phil Cardy, Júlia Piovarči, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovakia
Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
Jul 22, 2021 – Freesat has become the latest company to have satellite receivers pass the European-wide assurance scheme for TV and Satellite distribution equipment known as the European IRS Certification Scheme (EICS).
News categories: DTG Testing, Freesat, CAI, Digital TV, QoE, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market