Digital TV News: DIRECTV PanAmericana
Technicolor builds 20 millionth STB for DIRECTV PanAmericana
Nov 2, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced that it has manufactured the 20th million set-top-box for DIRECTV PanAmericana. Over the past 22 years Technicolor has worked in partnership with DIRECTV to provide a wide range of basic and advanced set-top-boxes for use in the US and throughout Latin America.
News categories: Technicolor, DIRECTV PanAmericana, Barbara Bessolo, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
DIRECTV Latin America launches DLA-1 satellite
Oct 17, 2014 – DIRECTV Latin America has announced the successful launch of a new satellite, DLA-1, that will enhance the entertainment experience for millions of customers served by DIRECTV’s PanAmericana division beginning in the first half of 2015.
News categories: DIRECTV Latin America, Jacopo Bracco, Argentina, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ecuador, Peru, Satellite, Uruguay, Venezuela
Entropic Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Results
Feb 5, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported its fourth quarter and fiscal year results for the period ended December 31, 2012. Entropic reported fourth quarter net revenues of $89.7 million, a slight decrease compared with $89.8 million in the third quarter of 2012.
News categories: Entropic, Gateway, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
RVU Alliance Expands to Include New Operators In Latin America
Jan 7, 2013 – The RVU Alliance has welcomed two new members, with Sky Mexico and DIRECTV PanAmericana, joining DIRECTV and Sky Brasil to the roster of Pay TV broadcast operators supporting the standard.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Sky Mexico, DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Caribbean, CES2023, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Gateway, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Smart Home, Uruguay, Venezuela
DIRECTV Latin America Vaults Past the 10 Million Customer Mark
Jun 2, 2011 – On pace for another record-setting year of growth, DIRECTV Latin America (DTVLA), an operating unit of DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV), the world's largest pay TV service, has surged past a major milestone - its 10 millionth customer.
News categories: DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
Pace ships 8.5m units in first half 2009
Jul 27, 2009 – Pace (LSE:PIC) shipped 8.5m boxes during the period (six months ended 30 June 2008: 2.8m). Geographically Pace delivered 3m boxes into EMEA, 0.9m into Latin America, 4.2m into North America and 0.4m into Asia Pacific.
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, DVR, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
- Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
- Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
- HbbTV releases new version of core specification
- PCTV scales up video services across Latin America with Eutelsat
- Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
- MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
- Aferian provides trading update