Digital TV News: DTG
Triax dSCR products achieve EICS certification
Feb 15, 2021 – dSCR products from Triax have passed DTG Testing and CAI’s European-wide assurance scheme for TV and Satellite distribution equipment known as the European IRS Certification Scheme (EICS).
News categories: DTG Testing, CAI, Triax, Alex Buchan, Peter Sealey, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, UK
DTG and Connect Devices create Smart TV cyber security scheme
Dec 9, 2020 – The DTG in partnership with Connect Devices, is working on a cyber security certification scheme for smart TVs after being awarded U.K. Government funding under the Grant Programme for Consumer IoT Assurance Schemes.
News categories: DTG Testing, Connect Devices, Alex Buchan, Jonathan Marshall, Digital TV, Smart TV, UK
Inverto first with EICS TV distribution equipment certification
Nov 30, 2020 – Inverto has become the first company to pass DTG Testing and CAI’s newly launched European-wide assurance scheme for TV and Satellite distribution equipment known as the European IRS Certification Scheme (EICS).
News categories: DTG Testing, CAI, Inverto, Alex Buchan, Peter Sealey, Digital TV, Europe, LNB, Set Top Box
DTG release D-Book 12.5 requirements for UK DTT
Nov 2, 2020 – The DTG has released the latest version of its D-Book which sets out the technical interoperability requirements for digital terrestrial TV in the UK, underpinning Freeview, YouView, Freesat, EE TV, BT TV and TalkTalk TV.
News categories: DTG, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Owen Jenkinson, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
Feb 13, 2020 – Arqiva has announced that its Hybrid TV Service has been selected by Scotland’s largest commercial broadcaster, STV, to launch its restart services across DTT and Freeview Play. The service launched on STV SD in December, and will now be replicated on the STV HD channel.
News categories: Arqiva, STV, Drew Hosie, Richard Williams, Digital TV, UK, UX
DTG publishes latest UK TV specifications in D-Book 12
Nov 1, 2019 – The DTG has published the latest version of the D-Book. Requirements that are no longer necessary have been removed from D-Book 12 to respond to the continual evolution of the DTT platform in the UK.
News categories: DTG, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
DTG plans ‘Secure by Design’ scheme to strengthen cyber security in TV products
Sep 12, 2019 – The Digital TV Group (DTG) has announced plans to launch a cyber security conformance scheme. The aim of the scheme is to provide consumers and retailers with the confidence that their connected devices are protected against cyber-attacks.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Dr Ian Levy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
DTG defines latest UK TV industry requirements with D-Book 11
Oct 31, 2018 – The DTG has published the latest version of the D-Book, its technical standard for TV and DTT in the UK. The D-Book is updated annually with the collaboration of industry, underpinning Freeview, YouView, Freesat, EE TV, BT TV and TalkTalk TV.
News categories: DTG, Freeview, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Guy North, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
DTG releases D-Book 10 Conformance Test Suites
Jun 29, 2018 – D-Book 10 conformance Test Suites are now available. The first addition to the Test Suites is Linear Services tests for testing HEVC at HD and UHD resolution. A second addition is Option 12 signalling included in the UK SI DVB-T2 test suite.
News categories: DTG Testing, Ian Medland, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering