Digital TV News: EKT
EKTRA selects CommScope STB for Balticum TV in Lithuania
Dec 21, 2021 – CommScope has partnered with EKTRA to provide its Balticum TV customers in Lithuania with the VIP7100 UHD set top solution. The VIP7100 is an interactive IP set top box powered by the Android TV operating system (OS).
News categories: CommScope, EKTRA, Phil Cardy, Valery Alfimov, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, Set Top Box
IBC to move ahead with live Amsterdam show
Nov 16, 2021 – IBC has confirmed that IBC2021 will take place on December 3-6 at The RAI in Amsterdam. The announcement follows a Board decision to continue with the planned event because it can be delivered safely and create the business momentum that the industry needs.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Digital TV, IBC2022, Netherlands, Worldwide
DTVKit releases Hybrid White Label RDK set-top box
Sep 8, 2021 – To enable OEMs and smaller satellite operators to test and evaluate RDK, DTVKit has collaborated with its members, including RDK, Mediatek, EKT and OBS, to develop a Hybrid White Label set-top box.
News categories: DTVKit, RDK Management, Phil Evans, Jason Briggs, Paul Martin, Winson Hsu, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
Jul 26, 2021 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS) and EKT have agreed terms for the transfer of EKT's Athens based Advanced Media Group to OBS. The EKT team has more than a decade's experience in streaming video, media players and browser-based solutions.
News categories: Ocean Blue Software, EKT, Paul Martin, Richard Smith, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Set Top Box, Software, Worldwide
Nordija, EKT, Verimatrix offer cloud solution for IPTV/OTT video providers
Sep 7, 2020 – Nordija, EKT and Verimatrix have unveiled a cloud-based solution for IPTV and OTT video service providers. The Stratos bundle pre-integrates Nordija's video platform, EKT's device management and Verimatrix's content security.
News categories: Nordija, EKT, Verimatrix, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming, Worldwide
ACCESS CO. and EKT integrate the NetRange Application Store
Sep 13, 2019 – ACCESS CO. and EKT have announced that they are extending their partnership to integrate the NetRange Application Store, a widely deployed Smart TV store with a worldwide catalogue of thousands of apps, to deliver next generation TV and OTT consumer experiences.
News categories: ACCESS CO, EKT, Netrange, Dr. Neale Foster, Richard Smith, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box
Nordija and EKT deploy pre-integrated solution in Trinidad & Tobago
Jul 1, 2019 – EKT, together with Nordija, has announced the deployment of a pre-integrated DVB/IP Hybrid solution for Airlink in Trinidad & Tobago. EKT’s LinuxTV platform provided the basis on top of which Nordija delivered the user experience.
News categories: Nordija, EKT, Airlink, Jeroen van Vliet, Richard Smith, Keenan Singh, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Trinidad and Tobago, UX
ACCESS, DTVKit, EKT and HiSilicon launch customisable STB platform
Sep 11, 2018 – ACCESS, DTVKit, EKT and HiSilicon have announced the launch of a complete customizable platform that enables operators and middleware companies to design any service for any content, delivered to the household TV. The platform will make its debut at IBC.
News categories: ACCESS CO, DTVKit, EKT, HiSilicon, Dr. Neale Foster, Phil Evans, Richard Smith, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ACCESS and Castoola collaborate on combined HbbTV solution
Sep 7, 2018 – ACCESS and Castoola have announced a collaboration to provide broadcasters and operators with a future-proofed HbbTV solution. The joint offering consists of the Castoola HbbTV platform combined with ACCESS’ NetFront Browser BE.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Castoola, Dr Neale Foster, Filip Remškar, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC2022, Worldwide
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
- Disruptel partners with TCL to develop AI-driven viewing experiences
- Canal+ delivers low-latency streaming on Apple TV with ATEME
- Atlanta DTH announces compact USB ATSC 3.0 TV receiver
- HBO Nordic adds 635,000 subscribers following Max launch
- Broadpeak multicast ABR optimizes live sports OTT delivery for TIM