Digital TV News: ETSI
Allegro DVT introduces DVB-TTML subtitling test suite
Sep 7, 2023 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of the industry's first DVB-TTML Test Suite which enables testing of the mandatory DVB-TTML Subtitling Systems Specification.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Digital TV, QoE, UX, Worldwide
Report from ETSI highlights synergies between DVB-I and 5G
Aug 28, 2023 – A Technical Report released by ETSI (TR 103 972 v1.1.1) describes how DVB-I can provide a service layer for any IP-based system, including 5G Media Streaming and 5G Broadcast.
News categories: DVB Project, 5G-MAG, ETSI, Frédéric Gabin, Thomas Stockhammer, Richard Bradbury, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Worldwide
DVB publishes commercial requirements for next video codec work
Apr 25, 2023 – The DVB Project has published two documents (DVB BlueBooks C105 and C106) setting out the commercial requirements for its next stage of work on video codecs.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Worldwide
5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
Jan 20, 2022 – The formal liaison agreement between the two organizations to create a Joint Task Force (JTF) will allow DVB and 5G-MAG members to move forward quickly with activities related to the combination of 5G systems with DVB solutions.
News categories: 5G-MAG, DVB Project, Antonio Arcidiacono, 5G, Digital TV, Worldwide
HbbTV Conformance Test Suite version 2021-2 released
Aug 31, 2021 – The HbbTV Association has published a new version of the HbbTV Conformance Test Suite. The v2021-2 release includes new tests developed for Targeted Advertising (HbbTV-TA) and HbbTV specification v2.0.3.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Advertising, Broadcast, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
Jul 23, 2021 – The DVB Project has approved commercial requirements for DVB-I service support over 5G networks and systems. Work has already commenced in DVB's Technical Module to provide extensions to the relevant existing specifications.
News categories: DVB Project, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
Jul 16, 2021 – TCL (1070.HK) has announced that it has received the TÜV Rheinland Privacy By Design logo, which confirms it has met cybersecurity standard ETSI EN 303 645, designed to encourage a security baseline for consumer IoT devices.
News categories: TCL Electronics, TÜV Rheinland, Kevin Wang, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Hisense acquires TÜV Rheinland privacy-by-design certification
Jul 2, 2021 – TÜV Rheinland has granted ETSI EN 303 645 (IoT) product cybersecurity and privacy protection standard certification to Hisense's VIDAA 72671 smart TV platform. Hisense is the first TV brand to receive the certificate.
News categories: Hisense, TÜV Rheinland, Yu Zhitao, Liu Yong, Dr Chen Weikang, Zhao Bin, China, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
Feb 19, 2021 – The DVB Steering Board has updated its DVB Targeted Advertising specification and published a new DVB Home Broadcast specification for in-home redistribution of broadcast TV services to IP devices.
News categories: DVB Project, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework