Digital TV News: EchoStar
4K Set-Top Box market to quadruple in 2016
May 18, 2016 – ABI Research has forecast that the 4K set-top box market will quadruple from less than two million units in 2015 to more than 7 million in 2016, and then grow by 46% annually through 2021. However, the overall set-top box market is on the decline.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SAGE brings Nest intelligence, security and control to the TV
May 5, 2016 – EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced that its SAGE by Hughes security and smart home system now works with the Nest Cam security camera, the Nest Learning Thermostat and the Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarm.
News categories: EchoStar, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
STB market worth $25.45 billion by 2022
Mar 8, 2016 – The global set top box (STB) market size is expected to reach USD 25.45 billion by 2022 according to Grand View Research. Technology proliferation and increasing demand for high-quality picture and sound is anticipated to boost global set top box market growth.
News categories: Grand View Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Worldwide
EchoStar launches SAGE by Hughes security and smart home system
Mar 7, 2016 – EchoStar Technologies (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced the launch of its new SAGE by Hughes security and smart home system. SAGE is a security and smart home solution that can be controlled from the TV and an app on iOS or Android mobile devices.
News categories: EchoStar Technologies, Mark Jackson, Apps, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smartphone, USA
STB shipments to SAARC region grew 52% in 2015
Feb 4, 2016 – Set-Top-Box shipments into the SAARC region has witnessed robust year-on-year growth of 52% during 2015, according to Dataxis. In 2015, 22.3 million STBs were shipped in the SAARC region, compared to a 14 million STBs in 2014.
News categories: Dataxis, Anusha S, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
Set-top box market to hit $24 billion by 2022
Oct 20, 2015 – According to Transparency Market Research, the global set-top boxes market is expected to reach a value of US$ 24.00 Bn by 2022. The market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period from 2015 to 2022.
News categories: Transparency Market Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
EchoStar And NAGRA ship anyCAST COMMAND security for 4K Ultra HD STBs
Sep 22, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has shipped NAGRA anyCAST COMMAND to EchoStar for production of 4K-capable set-top boxes for the companies’ joint clients. anyCAST COMMAND concentrates both decryption and descrambling into a single, secure NAGRA device.
News categories: NAGRA, EchoStar, Maurice van Riek, Mark Jackson, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
NAGRA integrates security clients with Broadcom HEVC-UHD SoCs
Sep 3, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced new product integrations with Broadcom’s 28nm UHD SoC designed to address the modern security needs of pay-TV service providers in an increasingly connected world threatened by piracy.
News categories: NAGRA, Broadcom, Maurice van Riek, Rich Nelson, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Kudelski reports 2015 half year results
Aug 20, 2015 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced 2015 half year results. The Group entered into several new contracts and completed deployments in the digital TV segment In Europe. Bundles of anyCAST security, OpenTV5 connectware and MediaLive multiscreen are seeing increasing market traction in Asia and Latin America.
News categories: Kudelski, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools