Digital TV News: Euskaltel
ORANGE and MÁSMÓVIL sign agreement to combine operations in Spain
Jul 23, 2022 – The joint venture between MASMOVIL and ORANGE will create a sustainable player with the financial capacity and scale to continue investing to foster the future of infrastructure competition in Spain for the benefit of consumers and businesses.
News categories: ORANGE, MÁSMÓVIL, Christel Heydemann, Meinrad Spenger, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Spain
Orange and MásMóvil plan to combine their operations in Spain
Mar 8, 2022 – Orange and MásMóvil have entered into exclusive discussions to combine their businesses in Spain. The combination would take the form of a 50-50 Joint Venture with a combined enterprise valuation of €19.6bn.
News categories: Orange, MásMóvil, Stéphane Richard, Jean-François Fallacher, Meinrad Spenger, Digital TV, MandA, Spain
Agile Content extends collaboration with the MásMóvil Group
Aug 10, 2021 – Agile Content plans to establish a new HQ and innovation centre in Bizkaia, Spain as part of an extension to its collaboration with the MásMóvil Group. The company will also provide services to Euskaltel.
News categories: Agile Content, MásMóvil, Euskaltel, Hernán Scapusio, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Spain
Grupo MÁSMÓVIL to acquire Euskaltel
Mar 28, 2021 – Grupo MÁSMÓVIL has announced the launch of a public acquisition offer (OPA) for 100% of the shares of Euskaltel. MÁSMÓVIL already has agreement from shareholders owning 52.32% of Euskaltel's share capital.
News categories: MásMóvil, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Spain
Euskaltel decoders now integrate Amazon Prime Video
Jan 17, 2019 – The Euskaltel Group has become the first operator in Spain to add Amazon Prime Video to its 4K Android TV decoders. The company is adding this feature to its service offering as a result of an agreement with Amazon.
News categories: Euskaltel, Prime Video, Francisco Arteche, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain, Streaming
Euskaltel offers telecom services in Catalonia through the RACC
Dec 17, 2018 – The Euskaltel Group and RACC have signed a new agreement to create RACCtel+, a new brand enabling Euskaltel to offer its entire range of convergent services to members of the Catalan service provider.
News categories: Euskaltel, RACC, Francisco Arteche, Xavier Pérez, Digital TV, IPTV, Spain
The number of cable homes in Europe grew once again in 2017
Nov 7, 2018 – The number of cable homes in Europe once again grew in 2017, reaching 69.2 million and comprising 36.3% of all TV households. This was the largest number of cable homes in Europe since 2009 according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Cable Europe.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
NAGRA offers end-to-end content value protection ecosystem for Android TV
Sep 13, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced support for Android TV with an end-to-end content value protection ecosystem. NAGRA has expanded support for Android TV via an ecosystem driven from cloud.SSP, its cloud-enabled Security Services Platform.
News categories: NAGRA, Maurice Van Riek, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NAGRA secures Euskaltel 4K Android TV STB deployment in Spain
Dec 11, 2017 – NAGRA has announced that its NAGRA CONNECT content protection solution for connected networks was deployed by Spanish cable TV provider Euskaltel to secure the operator’s new Android TV-based 4K set-top boxes by Technicolor.
News categories: NAGRA, Euskaltel, Technicolor, Thierry Legrand, Leticia Sánchez Berian, Gaetan Delcroix, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.