Digital TV News: Euskaltel
Agile Content extends collaboration with the MásMóvil Group
Aug 10, 2021 – Agile Content plans to establish a new HQ and innovation centre in Bizkaia, Spain as part of an extension to its collaboration with the MásMóvil Group. The company will also provide services to Euskaltel.
News categories: Agile Content, MásMóvil, Euskaltel, Hernán Scapusio, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Spain
Grupo MÁSMÓVIL to acquire Euskaltel
Mar 28, 2021 – Grupo MÁSMÓVIL has announced the launch of a public acquisition offer (OPA) for 100% of the shares of Euskaltel. MÁSMÓVIL already has agreement from shareholders owning 52.32% of Euskaltel's share capital.
News categories: MásMóvil, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Spain
Euskaltel decoders now integrate Amazon Prime Video
Jan 17, 2019 – The Euskaltel Group has become the first operator in Spain to add Amazon Prime Video to its 4K Android TV decoders. The company is adding this feature to its service offering as a result of an agreement with Amazon.
News categories: Euskaltel, Prime Video, Francisco Arteche, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain, Streaming
Euskaltel offers telecom services in Catalonia through the RACC
Dec 17, 2018 – The Euskaltel Group and RACC have signed a new agreement to create RACCtel+, a new brand enabling Euskaltel to offer its entire range of convergent services to members of the Catalan service provider.
News categories: Euskaltel, RACC, Francisco Arteche, Xavier Pérez, Digital TV, IPTV, Spain
The number of cable homes in Europe grew once again in 2017
Nov 7, 2018 – The number of cable homes in Europe once again grew in 2017, reaching 69.2 million and comprising 36.3% of all TV households. This was the largest number of cable homes in Europe since 2009 according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Cable Europe.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
NAGRA offers end-to-end content value protection ecosystem for Android TV
Sep 13, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced support for Android TV with an end-to-end content value protection ecosystem. NAGRA has expanded support for Android TV via an ecosystem driven from cloud.SSP, its cloud-enabled Security Services Platform.
News categories: NAGRA, Maurice Van Riek, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NAGRA secures Euskaltel 4K Android TV STB deployment in Spain
Dec 11, 2017 – NAGRA has announced that its NAGRA CONNECT content protection solution for connected networks was deployed by Spanish cable TV provider Euskaltel to secure the operator’s new Android TV-based 4K set-top boxes by Technicolor.
News categories: NAGRA, Euskaltel, Technicolor, Thierry Legrand, Leticia Sánchez Berian, Gaetan Delcroix, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain
EU cable industry revenue grows to €23.5 billion in 2016
Dec 4, 2017 – The European cable industry continued to show resiliency and steady growth in 2016, increasing 4 percent from the prior year, to €23.5 billion, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Cable Europe.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
Euskaltel 4K decoder to have Netflix integrated
Nov 13, 2017 – The Euskaltel Group has signed an agreement with Netflix enabling the operator's TV customers to access Netflix directly through their 4K decoder. Euskaltel will be the first operator in Spain to offer its customers a remote control that features a Netflix button.
News categories: Euskaltel, Netflix, Francisco Arteche, María Ferreras, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain, Streaming
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way