Digital TV News: Evoke
Redge Media powers Kanał Sportowy OTT platform
Oct 13, 2022 – Polish YouTube channel, Kanał Sportowy, has launched its own OTT platform. Kanał Sportowy now has full control of their content within their multiscreen apps thanks to Redge Media's end-to-end video streaming solution.
News categories: Redge Media, Kanał Sportowy, Justyna Porzucek, Maciej Sawicki, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
Amazon to acquire MGM
May 26, 2021 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has agreed to acquire MGM for $8.45 billion. Amazon will help preserve MGM’s heritage and catalog of films, and provide customers with greater access to these existing works.
News categories: Amazon, MGM, Mike Hopkins, Kevin Ulrich, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
Oct 29, 2020 – SES and CANAL+ have signed agreements for satellite capacity across three geographies, strengthening the companies’ longstanding partnership and underlining the importance of satellite in delivering premium content to more than 10 million subscribers.
News categories: SES S.A, CANAL+, Steve Collar, Jacques du Puy, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
Sep 22, 2020 – SpotX has announced programmatic solutions for linear addressable TV. The solutions are in part built in support Project OAR. SpotX is also powering programmatic executions within traditional STBs owned by MVPDs.
News categories: SpotX, The Trade Desk, AMC Networks, Project OAR, Matt McLeggon, Jon Tabak, Evan Adlman, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Sri Lanka Telecom to launch OTT entertainment platform
Apr 21, 2016 – Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) has announced that the company is to offer an OTT entertainment streaming service. SLT has partnered with Hungama Digital Media Entertainment and Evoke International for the launch.
News categories: Sri Lanka Telecom, Hungama, Evoke, Dileepa Wijesundera, Siddharth Roy, Lahiru Wickramasinghe, Digital TV, Sri Lanka, Streaming
Oregan Highlights Integrated Multimedia Search as Key Feature of Oregan Media Browser 4.0 for Living Room AV Consumer Electronics
Feb 22, 2008 – With the new version of its software, Oregan introduces the concept of integrated media search via its 'intelligent' cross-platform TV browser, which extends the notion of browsing beyond the traditional information-centric and Internet-based search.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Broadband, CES2023, Digital TV, Gateway, Media Player, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics