Digital TV News: Evoke
Redge Media powers Kanał Sportowy OTT platform
Oct 13, 2022 – Polish YouTube channel, Kanał Sportowy, has launched its own OTT platform. Kanał Sportowy now has full control of their content within their multiscreen apps thanks to Redge Media's end-to-end video streaming solution.
News categories: Redge Media, Kanał Sportowy, Justyna Porzucek, Maciej Sawicki, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
Amazon to acquire MGM
May 26, 2021 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has agreed to acquire MGM for $8.45 billion. Amazon will help preserve MGM’s heritage and catalog of films, and provide customers with greater access to these existing works.
News categories: Amazon, MGM, Mike Hopkins, Kevin Ulrich, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
Oct 29, 2020 – SES and CANAL+ have signed agreements for satellite capacity across three geographies, strengthening the companies’ longstanding partnership and underlining the importance of satellite in delivering premium content to more than 10 million subscribers.
News categories: SES S.A, CANAL+, Steve Collar, Jacques du Puy, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
Sep 22, 2020 – SpotX has announced programmatic solutions for linear addressable TV. The solutions are in part built in support Project OAR. SpotX is also powering programmatic executions within traditional STBs owned by MVPDs.
News categories: SpotX, The Trade Desk, AMC Networks, Project OAR, Matt McLeggon, Jon Tabak, Evan Adlman, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Sri Lanka Telecom to launch OTT entertainment platform
Apr 21, 2016 – Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) has announced that the company is to offer an OTT entertainment streaming service. SLT has partnered with Hungama Digital Media Entertainment and Evoke International for the launch.
News categories: Sri Lanka Telecom, Hungama, Evoke, Dileepa Wijesundera, Siddharth Roy, Lahiru Wickramasinghe, Digital TV, Sri Lanka, Streaming
Oregan Highlights Integrated Multimedia Search as Key Feature of Oregan Media Browser 4.0 for Living Room AV Consumer Electronics
Feb 22, 2008 – With the new version of its software, Oregan introduces the concept of integrated media search via its 'intelligent' cross-platform TV browser, which extends the notion of browsing beyond the traditional information-centric and Internet-based search.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Broadband, CES2023, Digital TV, Gateway, Media Player, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV