Digital TV News: FIFA
Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
Feb 2, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled research, conducted by Ampere Analysis, analysing the impact of sports and entertainment piracy and the potential revenues that would result from converting pirate viewers to legal subscribers.
News categories: Synamedia, Ampere Analysis, Avigail Gutman, Guy Bisson, Brazil, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, India, Italy, Market Research, Thailand, UK, USA
Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
Feb 2, 2023 – New World TV turned to Globecast to provide satellite distribution services for the recent Qatar football tournament. New World TV is a satellite-based TV network operating across Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Globecast, New World TV, Yann Madeline, Redha Chibani, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
Feb 1, 2023 – Cellcom used low latency streaming technology from Synamedia to enhance its FIFA World Cup viewing experience. Cellcom streamed matches in full HD with broadcast-equivalent latency to Android TV STBs using LL-DASH.
News categories: Synamedia, Cellcom, Elke Hungenaert, Gil Hershberg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
Jan 26, 2023 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2022. In the quarter, Cable video customer net losses were 440,000, whereas at Sky total customer relationships grew by 129,000.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
UK entertainment sales at record £11.1bn for 2022
Jan 10, 2023 – The value of the UK home entertainment market soared to £11.1bn in 2022, an all-time record for music, video and games sales, according to ERA. The fastest growing sector in 2022 was video, up 14.4% to £4,432m.
News categories: Entertainment Retailers Association, Ben Drury, Kim Bayle, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, UK
VIDAA brings Smart TV OS to the U.S. market with Hisense
Jan 6, 2023 – VIDAA has launched its OS in the U.S. market on Hisense Smart TVs following a large-scale deployment in Latin America, completing the global distribution of VIDAA in all major markets.
News categories: VIDAA, Guy Edri, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
24i upgrades Smart TV experience for Israel's KAN
Dec 20, 2022 – 24i has announced that it enabled Israeli Public Broadcaster, KAN, to deploy an upgraded streaming experience on Smart TVs in time for the FIFA World Cup.
News categories: 24i, KAN, Dr. Neale Foster, Tamir Cohen, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Smart TV, Streaming
TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
Dec 6, 2022 – Irdeto has announce that Irdeto Control has been implemented to secure the OTT platform of TF1. The integration was completed for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, one of the most watched sports events in the world.
News categories: Irdeto, TF1, Richard Frankland, Thierry Bonhomme, Digital TV, DRM, France, Streaming
VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
Dec 2, 2022 – VIDAA has announced that Google TV and other Android TV OS devices will carry VIDAA sports content, which includes FIFA+. Tremor International (AIM/NASDAQ: TRMR) will act as the exclusive global CTV monetization platform.
News categories: VIDAA, Google, Tremor International, Guy Edri, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution