Digital TV News: Freescale
DivX and Freescale Collaborate to Support DivX TV™ and Drive DivX HD™ Playback Adoption
Feb 15, 2011 – DivX® (NASDAQ: SNIC) has announced an expanded collaboration with Freescale Semiconductor to adopt DivX HD™ technology across multiple platforms and support DivX TV™ on its chipsets.
News categories: Freescale, DivX, Media Player, Mobile, MWC21, Semiconductor
D2 Technologies Collaborates with Freescale on Android-based Reference Design with HD Video Call Capability
Jan 6, 2011 – D2 Technologies has announced the availability of a new multimedia processor/software solution based on i.MX technology from Freescale. The platform offers a production-ready solution for devices delivering high definition voice and IP video calling.
News categories: D2 Technologies, Freescale, CES2022, Middleware, Semiconductor
RealD Introduces Universal Active 3D Eyewear Technology
Jan 6, 2011 – RealD (NYSE: RLD) has announced technology to deliver universal active 3D eyewear compatible with 3D TVs sold by most major CE brands. RealD's ASIC incorporates a programmable front-end designed to sync image streams with multiple brands of 3D displays.
News categories: RealD, CES2022, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, VR
Freescale Semiconductor and RealD to Create New At-Home 3D Viewing Experience for Consumers
Jan 6, 2011 – Freescale has announced that it is collaborating with RealD (NYSE: RLD) to create an active 3D eyewear platform that provides realistic HD 3D TV viewing while solving certain technical and cost problems associated with infrared based systems.
News categories: Freescale, RealD, CES2022, Semiconductor, Smart Home, VR
Freescale Delivers Dramatic Performance Advances for Tablet, Smartphone, eReader, Automotive Infotainment and Other Hot Consumer Markets
Jan 3, 2011 – Freescale has introduced the i.MX 6 series of quad-, dual- and single-core applications processors designed to deliver performance and scalability to manufacturers targeting smart mobile, automotive infotainment and embedded device categories.
News categories: Freescale, ICs, In-Car, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor, Tablet
Freescale and Vestel Jointly Develop RF Remote Controlled LCD TV
Sep 2, 2010 – Freescale Semiconductor and Vestel Electronics have announced that they have been working together to develop an LCD-TV with radio frequency (RF) remote control that uses Freescale's BeeStack Consumer ZigBee-RF4CE platform.
News categories: Freescale, Vestel, ZigBee, IFA, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
MPEG IC Shipments on Track to Reach 2 Billion units
Feb 1, 2010 – As consumers access digital video on more devices, applications for MPEG digital video compression technology are expanding, particularly in portable devices, reports In-Stat. As a result, shipments of MPEG ICs will reach 2 billion units by 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Abilis Acquires Two Product Lines From Freescale
Aug 14, 2009 – Abilis Systems (SWX:KUD) has announced the acquisition of Freescale's CMOS Modulators and Silicon Tuner product lines, allowing Abilis to expand its portfolio silicon-based digital TV solutions, particularly for DTT and cable platforms.
News categories: Abilis Systems, Freescale, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
MTC and Cidana to Bring Video Decoding SDK for LimePC™ Multimedia
Nov 12, 2008 – MTC, Cidana and Freescale have announced an SDK for optimized video decoding on Freescale's MPC5121e processor. MTC will use the development in its LimePC product for multimedia playback and CMMB broadcast receiving applications.
News categories: Cidana, MTC, Freescale, China, Media Player, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor, Streaming
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor