Digital TV News: Grass Valley
Harmonic is Top MPEG Encoder Supplier by Number of Streams in 2008
May 12, 2009 – New research from In-Stat identifies Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) as the top MPEG encoder supplier, when counting the number of streams supplied in 2008. Harmonic, with 28% of streams supplied in the market, is followed closely by Tandberg (NASDAQ:ERIC).
News categories: In-Stat, Content Distribution, Market Research
Thomson sees strong growth in cable set-top box volumes
Apr 27, 2009 – Thomson (Paris: 18453, NYSE: TMS) has announced results for the quarter ending March 31, 2009. In comparison with a particularly weak 1Q 2008 there was a strong performance in access products in 1Q 2009.
News categories: Thomson, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, DVR, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Router, Satellite, Set Top Box
Thomson Full Year 2008 Results
Mar 9, 2009 – Thomson (Paris: 18453, NYSE: TMS) has released its full year 2008 results. In its access product business, the Group recorded strong growth in shipments (+32% YoY), especially with key Satellite and Cable customers in the US.
News categories: Thomson, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DVR, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Router, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Thomson: Near-term Priorities and Third Quarter Revenues
Oct 16, 2008 – Thomson (Paris: 18453, NYSE:TMS) reported total revenues of €1,170 million for the quarter (3Q07, €1,348 million). Satellite set-top box sales declined. Sales of gateways for telcos performed well and cable products grew significantly.
News categories: Thomson, Cable TV, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
World Video Encoders Market to Exceed US$3.2 Billion by 2015, According to a New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
Dec 3, 2007 – World Video Encoders market is forecast to maintain an impressive CAGR of over 22% over the 2005-2015 analysis period and exceed US$3.2 billion by 2015.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Report Overview, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, TV Services
Thomson Announces Several Major Orders at IBC 2007
Sep 6, 2007 – The leading Russian Pay-TV Operator, NTV-Plus, choose Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) for the rollout of a new High Definition (HD) TV set-top box. The HD set-top box will support the launch of Russia's first high-definition TV service by NTV-Plus this year.
News categories: Digital TV, IBC, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Thomson Delivers DVB-H Infrastructure for DigitALB Mobile Television
Apr 14, 2007 – DigitALB, the leading commercial media enterprise in Albania, has launched a 14 channel mobile television service based on a fully redundant Grass Valley's Mobile TV system from Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS).
News categories: Grass Valley, DigitALB, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership