Digital TV News: HOT
Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
Jan 12, 2022 – Global consumer media usage, including all digital and traditional media channels, grew at a decelerated rate of 1.6% to an average of 54.4 hours per week (HPW) in 2021, according to PQ Media’s Global Consumer Media Usage Forecast 2021-2025.
News categories: PQ Media, Patrick Quinn, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Visteon unveils connected car app store at CES 2022
Jan 5, 2022 – Visteon (NASDAQ: VC) has unveiled its AllGo App Store at CES 2022. The AllGo App Store features automotive-optimized versions of the most sought-after mobility, navigation, parking and infotainment apps around the world.
News categories: Visteon, Sachin Lawande, Apps, CES2022, Digital TV, In-Car, Worldwide
CES 2022 to close one day early
Dec 30, 2021 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) has announced that CES 2022 will be closing one day early, to now take place in Las Vegas on Jan. 5-7, 2022. Over 2200 exhibitors are confirmed to exhibit in person at the show.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2022, Digital TV, USA
Alteox and Post Luxembourg partner for cloud TV offering
Dec 9, 2021 – Alteox Media Consulting has entered into an agreement with POST Luxembourg that will combine the forces of both entities enabling the creation of a new state of the art European cloud TV headend offering.
News categories: Alteox, Post Luxembourg, Sven Breckler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
TV ISLA selects Setplex to deliver IPTV in Colombia
Dec 7, 2021 – Setplex has been selected by TV ISLA to deliver a broad range of IPTV services. Utilizing the Setplex end-to-end OTT platform, the rollout will serve the island of San Andrés, and then expand to other locations in Colombia.
News categories: Setplex, TV ISLA, NPAW, Marc Mulgrum, Juan Manuel Caez Garcia, Ruben Senor-Megias, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
Nov 18, 2021 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced that Crackle Plus will use Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) entertainment metadata and Gracenote IDs to make Crackle, Popcornflix and Chicken Soup for the Soul streaming service titles more searchable and discoverable.
News categories: Crackle, Gracenote, Philippe Guelton, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Disney+ subscribers to exceed Netflix in 2027
Nov 17, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, five major US-based platforms will control 53% of the world’s 1.7 billion SVOD subscriptions by 2026. That equates to a collective 910 million subscriptions by 2026; up from 585 million in 2021.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Disney+ adds 2.1 million subscribers in quarter to October 2
Nov 10, 2021 – The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has reported results for the period ended October 2, 2021. Disney ended the quarter with with 179 million total subscriptions across its DTC portfolio.
News categories: Walt Disney, Bob Chapek, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Astro integrates Netflix into its Ultra Box
Nov 9, 2021 – Astro has unveiled its new Astro experience, enabling customers to stream Netflix on Astro TV. Customers can now enjoy services such as Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, HBO GO, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+, as well as Astro's shows and sports, all in one place.
News categories: Astro, Netflix, Euan Smith, Azlin Arshad, Tony Zameczkowski, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
- Disruptel partners with TCL to develop AI-driven viewing experiences
- Canal+ delivers low-latency streaming on Apple TV with ATEME
- Atlanta DTH announces compact USB ATSC 3.0 TV receiver