Digital TV News: Hotstar
MPA releases India online video report 2022-23
May 17, 2023 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) has released a report, based on data from its AMPD platform, that provides insights on the growing online video industry in India over the calendar year 2022 and Q1 2023.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Mihir Shah, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
Mar 23, 2023 – Astro has added ZEE5 and Viu to its Ultra and Ulti Boxes, bringing in more global entertainment to customers' homes and devices, and expanding the number of streaming apps on the platform to ten.
News categories: Astro, ZEE5, Viu, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Viu app comes to Astro's Ultra Box
Mar 10, 2023 – Astro has expanded its streaming service, adding the Viu app to its platform. Astro customers can now access Viu on multi-screens, including on its Ultra Box.
News categories: Astro, Viu, Agnes Rozario, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Disney reports earnings for quarter ended December 31, 2022
Feb 8, 2023 – The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has reported earnings for its first quarter ended December 31, 2022. D2C revenues for the quarter increased 13% to $5.3 billion and operating loss increased $0.5 billion to $1.1 billion.
News categories: Walt Disney Company, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
Nov 22, 2022 – Vidio's live sports, Prime Video's SE Asia push and robust demand for Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar and Viu have contributed to a rebound across premium video subscribers and viewership in Q3 2022, according to MPA.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Dhivya T, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Disney adds 57 million D2C subscribers in year to October 1, 2022
Nov 8, 2022 – The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has reported results for the period ended October 1, 2022. Direct-to-Consumer revenues for the quarter increased 8% to $4.9 billion and operating loss increased $0.8 billion to $1.5 billion.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Bob Chapek, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Dish TV India launches one-stop OTT entertainment platform
Oct 31, 2022 – Dish TV's Watcho offers packages of the most popular OTT platforms - Disney+ Hotstar, Zee5, Sony LIV, Lionsgate Play, Hungama Play, HoiChoi, Klikk, EpicOn, Chaupal, and Oho Gujarati - via a single login and subscription model.
News categories: Watcho, Dish TV India, Sukhpreet Singh, Anil Dua, Digital TV, India, Streaming
beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
Sep 21, 2022 – Astro Malaysia has launched the beIN SPORTS CONNECT, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps on its Ultra Box, allowing customers to stream more live sporting events and Asian entertainment on their big screen TV.
News categories: Astro TV, Euan Smith, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Streaming
Netflix to remain SVOD world leader
Sep 20, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, global SVOD subscriptions will increase by 475 million between 2021 and 2027 to reach 1.68 billion. Six US-based platforms will account for 47% of the world’s total in 2027.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028