Digital TV News: ITV Studios
Annual AVOD/FAST ad revenue already above €250m in the EU5
Apr 4, 2023 – In 2022, NPA Conseil and Médiamétrie estimate that AVOD and FAST advertising revenues reached €255 million in the EU5, with the UK and Germany accounting for 80%.
News categories: Médiamétrie, NPA Conseil, Laurence Deléchapt, Philippe Bailly, Advertising, Digital TV, EU, Market Research, Streaming, UK
ITV Studios selects Whip Media for performance tracking
Sep 15, 2022 – Whip Media has announced that ITV Studios will utilise Whip Media’s platform for performance tracking of its popular entertainment content, including the company’s growing FAST (free ad-supported streaming TV) channels.
News categories: Whip Media, ITV Studios, Paul Hastings, Graham Haigh, Advertising, Africa, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Streaming
ITV Studios to launch FAST channels on Samsung TV Plus
Feb 14, 2022 – ITV Studios is partnering with Samsung TV Plus to launch two FAST channels in Europe. The channels - Storylands and Hell's Kitchen - will initially kick off in the UK, before being rolled out to European markets including Germany and Italy.
News categories: ITV Studios, Samsung, Ruth Berry, Richard Jakeman, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
BritBox to launch in Australia
Mar 5, 2020 – BBC Studios has announced plans to launch BritBox in Australia. The SVOD streaming service will bring Australians British TV shows, and will add to the rollout of the service in North America and in the UK.
News categories: BBC Studios, ITV Studios, BritBox, Fiona Lang, Augustus Dulgaro, Australia, Digital TV, Streaming
Pickbox.tv S-VOD launched in former Yugoslavia
Jul 16, 2014 – Pickbox.tv has said that on May 7th it launched a subscription video-on-demand service for the countries of the former Yugoslavia. The service is currently available online and on iOS tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Pickbox, Martina Vuletin, Apps, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
Top imported drama titles gain as others fade
Jul 10, 2013 – CBS distributed Europe's three most valuable imported drama series titles in 2012. NCIS led the pack by generating $205 million, according to the Top 100 Imported Drama Titles in Europe report. The three CSI franchises appear in the top 10.
News categories: Madigan Cluff, Essential Television Statistics, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, Market Research
Money Drop is Europe's most valuable TV format
Mar 20, 2013 – Relative newcomer Money Drop was the top format title by value created in 2012, pushing Come Dine With Me into second place, according to a new Digital TV Research report. The TV Formats in Europe report states that The Voice entered the top 10 in 2012.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media