Digital TV News: ITV plc
ITV invests in BritBox Australia
Aug 20, 2020 – ITV SVOD Australia, a wholly-owned subsidiary of ITV plc, has agreed to invest AUD 17.7 million in The BritBox Australia Partnership over a period of three years. BBC Studios will be providing equal funding.
News categories: ITV plc, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Venture Capital
UK's TalkTalk to build new network to deliver digital on-demand TV
Oct 20, 2010 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that it has signed a three-year agreement with TalkTalk (LSE:TALK), the biggest provider of broadband to Britain's homes, to build a Content Delivery Network (CDN).
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, TalkTalk, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
UK - Freesat launches today
May 6, 2008 – Freesat, the new, free, digital satellite television service has launched. Freesat is a joint venture between the BBC and ITV.
News categories: Freesat, BBC, ITV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
BBC Worldwide, ITV and Channel 4 to launch joint on-demand service
Nov 27, 2007 – BBC Worldwide, ITV and Channel 4 have announced the creation of a commercial three-way joint venture to launch an on-demand content service in 2008 with the working title of 'Kangaroo'.
News categories: BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Broadband, Digital TV, OTT, UK
BSkyB - Results for the six months ended 31 December 2006
Jan 31, 2007 – BSkyB announces record sales and 20% increase in interim dividend. Net customer growth in the second quarter was 183,000 to 8.441 million.
News categories: BSkyB, Earnings Release, Digital TV, DVR, Ireland, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025
- All-time high for streaming video according to Limelight Networks
- ZTE joins Netflix Hailstorm set top box program
- fuboTV announces closing of Public Offering
- COVID-19 pandemic accelerates cord-cutting in 2020
- Household media spend stabilized in Sweden in Q3
- G-Core Labs introduces global streaming platform
- EMEA Smart Home market expected to rebound in 2H 2020
- Freeview Play launches on Amazon Fire TV Edition
- 3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente