Digital TV News: In-Stat
Demand for Cable Set Top Boxes Remains Solid in 2011
Dec 19, 2011 – The cable set top box market is having a solid year in 2011, primarily due to robust demand for digital cable set top box products in Asia. In contrast, according to In-Stat, North American cable set top box unit shipments are decreasing.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Mobile SoC TAM to Exceed 3.1 Billion Devices in 2015
Dec 14, 2011 – In-Stat forecasts that consumer's desire to be connected anywhere and anytime, and to any and every type of content, will push the mobile SoC TAM to over 3.1 billion devices in 2015, up from 2 billion in 2010.
News categories: In-Stat, Camcorder, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Tablet
HDMI-Enabled Product Shipments to Surpass 1 Billion in 2014
Dec 13, 2011 – New In-Stat research forecasts that the number of HDMI-enabled device shipments will surpass 1 billion in 2014, while DVI-enabled shipments will decline by 9.4% annually through 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Revenue for U.S. online VoD and EST to double by 2015
Dec 5, 2011 – According to NPD In-Stat, the growing base of OTT-Video-capable US households is propelling the revenue for online video-on-demand (VoD) and electronic-sell-through (EST) to double by 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Digital Satellite STB Unit Shipment Growth to Approach 14% in 2012
Nov 9, 2011 – The worldwide satellite STB market has experienced slow to negative growth in recent years. That trend is about to change as new In-Stat research forecasts that digital satellite STB unit shipments will grow by nearly 14% in 2012.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
HDMI-Enabled Mobile PC Shipments to Surpass 300 Million in 2014
Oct 5, 2011 – Last year saw a dramatic increase for HDMI in portable consumer devices. In addition, on the PC side, HDMI's share continued to increase. New In-Stat research forecasts that HDMI-enabled mobile PC shipments will surpass 300 million units in 2014.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Smart Home
ALi Launches Networking Media Processor for IPTV/OTT and Hybrid STB
Oct 3, 2011 – ALi Corporation (TPE:3041) has announced the launch of its M3911 Networking Media Processor, the first in the industry to feature a fast sleep and resume function.
News categories: ALi Corp, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Blu-ray Players to Reach 105 Million Units Shipped in 2015
Sep 26, 2011 – SCOTTSDALE, AZ — The name Blu-ray Disc (BD) refers to the blue laser used to read the disc, which allows information to be stored at a greater density than possible with red laser technology used for DVDs. The first prototype Blu-ray Discs debuted in October 2000, and the first prototype player was released in Japan […]
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Market Research
Broadband CPE Units Shipments up 14% Q2'11 over Q2'10
Sep 22, 2011 – In 2Q11, 39.8 million broadband CPE units shipped, a 5.6% increase from the previous quarter and a 13.9% increase from the same quarter last year according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable Modem, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Router
- Evoca integrates Sling TV into Nextgen TV service
- Penthera improves streaming quality with intelligent buffering
- Roku and Walmart launch onn. Roku TV models in Canada
- Banijay Rights collaborates with Amagi to go FAST
- Bitcentral streaming solution selected for Rewarded TV
- Bezeq signs distribution agreement for Disney+
- Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
- Gracenote launches Streaming Channels Data
- Mongolia's Univision selects end-to-end solution from Viaccess-Orca
- TV5MONDE expands global reach with Harmonic cloud streaming
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data