Digital TV News: Intel Capital
$18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
Apr 7, 2021 – IRIS.TV has completed an $18 million Series B funding round. The investment will enable IRIS.TV to accelerate the growth of its video data platform, and API tools that enable video-level data targeting for CTV and online video.
News categories: IRIS.TV, Intel Capital, Field Garthwaite, Richie Hyden, Marcelino Ford-Livene, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Videon distributes software platform for Intel Media Server reference design
Dec 24, 2013 – Videon Central has announced a new software platform with its latest Avia Media Player supporting Chromecast, an optimized DVB solution from Futarque, Hillcrest Labs’ Freespace® motion control technology and a complete software development kit from Intel.
News categories: Videon Central, Intel Corp, Michael Daulerio, Ran Senderovitz, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor
China Digital TV and Intel Capital Jointly Announce Investment in Beijing JoySee Technology
Aug 3, 2011 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) and Intel Capital have jointly announced an Intel Capital investment in Beijing JoySee Technology, a subsidiary of China Digital TV.
News categories: China Digital TV, Intel Capital, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Venture Capital
Mirics secures additional $13M funding to fuel company growth
Jul 13, 2010 – Mirics has announced that it has secured $13M in additional funding with existing investors - Acacia Capital Partners, Intel Capital and Pond Ventures - all participating in this latest financing round.
News categories: Mirics, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Venture Capital
Mirics secures additional $7m funding to accelerate worldwide growth
Jan 5, 2009 – Mirics Semiconductor has announced that it has secured $7m of financing from its existing investor team of Acacia Capital Partners, Intel Capital and Pond Venture Partners.
News categories: Mirics, Mobile, Semiconductor, Venture Capital
Veoh Networks Secures $30 Million from Silicon Valley Heavyweights
Jun 3, 2008 – Veoh Networks has announced that it has received an additional round of funding led by Intel Capital, and joined by Adobe Systems Incorporated and Gordon Crawford, senior vice president of Capital Research Global Investors.
News categories: Veoh, Intel Capital, Digital TV, Streaming, Venture Capital
Irdeto Strengthens Content Security Solutions and Expands Security Portfolio with Acquisition of Cloakware
Dec 4, 2007 – Irdeto, a subsidiary of multinational media group Naspers (JSE: NPN), has announced that it has acquired 100 percent of Cloakware, a privately held software company based in Vienna, Virginia, USA and Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
News categories: Irdeto, Cloakware, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, MandA, Mobile, Venture Capital
DiBcom adds investment of Euro20 million
Jul 4, 2007 – DiBcom has announced the closing of its fifth round of financing at Euro20 million (approximately $27 million U.S.), bringing its total funding to date to Euro60 million (approximately $80 million U.S.).
News categories: DiBcom, NATIXIS, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, Venture Capital
Intel Capital leads $10 Million investment in Mirics Semiconductor
Jul 2, 2007 – Intel Capital has announced that it is the lead investor in a $10 million round of funding into Mirics Semiconductor. Mirics is a UK-based company working to enable receiving content onto mobile devices.
News categories: Mirics Semiconductor, Intel Capital, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, UK, Venture Capital
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022