Digital TV News: Kantar
Kantar and Ipsos to deliver cross-media audience measurement for the Netherlands
Mar 30, 2021 – Kantar and Ipsos have won contracts to deliver cross-media audience measurement for the Netherlands. Working with NMO, the solution is the world's first truly integrated audience measurement programme.
News categories: Kantar, Ipsos, Nationaal Media Onderzoek, Serge Lupas, Liz Landy, Johan Smit, Harry Dekker, Advertising, Digital TV, Netherlands
Kantar retains Slovakian TV audience measurement contract
Feb 3, 2021 – Kantar has announced the extension of its contract with PMT – the Slovakian joint industry committee for TV – to continue providing the official TV Audience Measurement data for Slovakia until 2029.
News categories: Kantar, PMT, Keld Nielsen, Vladimir Fatika, Advertising, Big Data, Slovakia
Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
Jan 21, 2021 – According to Kantar's Entertainment on Demand service, Q4 saw 1.3 million British households take out a new video streaming subscription, with Amazon Prime Video capturing almost half of these.
News categories: Kantar, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, UK
Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
Jan 13, 2021 – Kantar has announced improvements to its TV Audience Measurement service in Georgia. Since 2016, Kantar, with Tri Media Intelligence (TMI), has provided the TV audience measurement currency to the Georgian market.
News categories: Kantar, Tri Media Intelligence, Keld Nielsen, Ana Lordkipanidze, David Chezhia, Advertising, Big Data, Georgia
HBO Max launches on Roku devices
Dec 16, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and WarnerMedia have announced that from December 17, Roku users will be able to download HBO Max from the Roku channel store and subscribe directly on their Roku device.
News categories: Roku, WarnerMedia, Scott Rosenberg, Tony Goncalves, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
TVision secures $16 million in new funding
Nov 2, 2020 – TVision has announced that it has secured $16 million in new funding, led by SIG Asia Investments. Major corporations, networks and CTV platforms rely on TVision for person-level TV engagement data.
News categories: TVision, Susquehanna International Group, Yan Liu, Ye Li, Advertising, Big Data, USA, Venture Capital
Roku launches Roku Express in Brazil
Sep 2, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the launch of Roku Express, the company TV streaming device, in Brazil. The Roku Express is expected to be available in stores in the upcoming weeks at an average starting price of R$349.90.
News categories: Roku, Arthur van Rest, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Digital video booms in UK during lockdown
Jul 22, 2020 – Data released by BASE has shown that UK consumer spend on digital film to buy and keep grew by more than 87% during the lockdown period to a year-to-date value of £113 million to the end of June.
News categories: British Association for Screen Entertainment, Liz Bales, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Kantar launches industry-wide ad effectiveness measurement platform
Jul 22, 2020 – Kantar has announced Project Moonshot, an industry initiative to assess the impact of advertising. Also being announced are cookie-less measurement partnerships including Dish, Pinterest, Roku, Snap, Spotify and Twitter.
News categories: Kantar, Jane Ostler, Gaurav Shirole, Itamar Benedy, Nick Lawson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV