Digital TV News: Kantar
Roku launches Roku Express in Brazil
Sep 2, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the launch of Roku Express, the company TV streaming device, in Brazil. The Roku Express is expected to be available in stores in the upcoming weeks at an average starting price of R$349.90.
News categories: Roku, Arthur van Rest, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Digital video booms in UK during lockdown
Jul 22, 2020 – Data released by BASE has shown that UK consumer spend on digital film to buy and keep grew by more than 87% during the lockdown period to a year-to-date value of £113 million to the end of June.
News categories: British Association for Screen Entertainment, Liz Bales, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Kantar launches industry-wide ad effectiveness measurement platform
Jul 22, 2020 – Kantar has announced Project Moonshot, an industry initiative to assess the impact of advertising. Also being announced are cookie-less measurement partnerships including Dish, Pinterest, Roku, Snap, Spotify and Twitter.
News categories: Kantar, Jane Ostler, Gaurav Shirole, Itamar Benedy, Nick Lawson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Roku announces shopper data program
Jun 8, 2020 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has launched a shopper data program to make TV advertising more precise and measurable. Kroger Precision Marketing (KPM) is to initially build targeting and attribution tools.
News categories: Roku, Kroger Precision Marketing, Alison Levin, Cara Pratt, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
May 28, 2020 – Comscore and Kantar have renewed their partnership with Auditel in Italy through December 31, 2023. The collaboration with Auditel, the authority for measurement of the Italian TV industry, has been running since August 2017.
News categories: Comscore, Kantar, Auditel, Guido Fambach, Louise Ainsworth, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Italy
SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
May 21, 2020 – SpotX has expanded its Measurement and Attribution Suite. By uncovering audience reach metrics like brand lift, incremental reach and frequency, and outcome-based measurement, advertisers can more accurately pinpoint value across all video channels.
News categories: SpotX, Kristen Williams, Patrick Doyle, Michael Parent, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
dataxu integration expands Roku ad platform
May 5, 2020 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has unveiled OneView Ad Platform, a platform leveraging TV identity data to manage its OTT advertising in the U.S. The OneView Ad Platform integrates Roku advertising with identity and attribution tools from dataxu, which Roku acquired in November 2019.
News categories: Roku, Scott Rosenberg, Rhasaan Wilks, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Kantar releases Entertainment On Demand survey results
Mar 4, 2020 – Kantar's Entertainment On Demand service is designed to help understand the consumer journey for subscription services. It shows that in the U.S. subscription fatigue is not yet a major phenomenon in the video industry.
News categories: Kantar, Dominic Sunnebo, Read Cundiff, Australia, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Market Research, OTT, UK, USA
Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
Feb 18, 2020 – Kantar has announced an agreement with the Ministry of Information Technology and Communications of Colombia (MINTIC) to measure digital audiences of eight regional TV channels: Señal Colombia, Canal Trece, Canal Capital, Teleantioquia, Telecafé, Telecaribe, Telepacífico and Canal TRO.
News categories: Kantar, MINTIC, Carolina Ibargüen, Ivan Antonio Mantilla Gaviria, Advertising, Big Data, Colombia, Digital TV
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025