Digital TV News: Kantar
Blockgraph and Kantar partner to advance convergent TV measurement
Nov 1, 2022 – Blockgraph’s Identity Operating System (IDoS) allows for direct matching between Kantar’s panel and client data sets. With the integration, Kantar match rates with TV partners have increased over 10x.
News categories: Blockgraph, Kantar, Jason Manningham, Jed Meyer, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Netflix signs up to BARB measurement for the UK
Oct 12, 2022 – Netflix has signed up to BARB's measurement of what people across the UK are watching. For viewing from November 1st, BARB will report Netflix viewing every day at both a service and a programme level to its clients.
News categories: BARB, Netflix, Justin Sampson, Reed Hastings, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Kantar to measure CTV media effectiveness for fuboTV
Mar 1, 2022 – Kantar has created a partnership with fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) that allows advertisers and marketers running campaigns on fuboTV to better understand the effectiveness of their CTV advertising and benchmark their performance against competitors.
News categories: Kantar, fuboTV, Marco Parente, Diana Horowitz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
More than one in three viewers in Southeast Asia stream OTT
Feb 28, 2022 – A third (34%) of Southeast Asian viewers are now streaming over-the-top (OTT), according to a new study by The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD). The research also shows that the region welcomed 20 million new OTT viewers in the past year.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Mitch Waters, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
'Ad-Lite' discovery+ option to launch in the UK and Ireland
Feb 15, 2022 – Discovery UK is to introduce an 'Ad-Lite' offering for discovery+ customers in the UK and Ireland, the first launch by a global SVOD service of such an offering in the UK. Further rollouts across the EMEA region are expected this year.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Discovery UK, James Gibbons, Katie Coteman, Digital TV, Ireland, Streaming, UK
Kantar appointed for TV audience measurement in Azerbaijan
Dec 7, 2021 – Kantar has been selected by the Azerbaijani TV industry to supply technology for a TV audience measurement currency in the country. Kantar will also support MARSA in the implementation of a nationally representative panel of households.
News categories: Kantar, Keld Nielsen, Suriyya Alizade, Advertising, Azerbaijan, Big Data, Digital TV
BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
Nov 30, 2021 – BARB has upgraded its audience reporting with the introduction of SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement. BARB is now able to measure the reach and total time spent viewing SVOD services through data collected from router meters installed in BARB panel homes.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
TİAK board retains Kantar for audience measurement in Turkey
Nov 11, 2021 – Kantar has announced that TIAK has awarded it the contract for providing TV audience measurement in Turkey until at least 2027. Kantar has been responsible for delivering the official Turkish TV trading currency since 2012.
News categories: Kantar, TIAK, Mesut Sakal, Dursun Güleryüz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Turkey
Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
Sep 21, 2021 – In the UK, Kantar has been selected by Origin, the joint industry initiative led by ISBA (the UK advertiser trade body), as the preferred supplier of a single-source panel to develop a cross-media measurement system.
News categories: Kantar, Origin, Manish Bhatia, Joe Lewis, Maria Fernanda Paba, Advertising, Digital TV, UK
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV