Digital TV News: Kathrein
Opera to power KATHREIN TechnoTrend set-top boxes
Jun 4, 2013 – Opera Software and KATHREIN TechnoTrend have announced that the Opera Devices Software Development Kit (SDK) will launch on a variety of KATHREIN TechnoTrend set-top box models. The new set-top boxes will be previewed at the ANGA COM show.
News categories: Opera Software, KATHREIN TechnoTrend, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
TechnoTrend Görler shows latest set-top boxes at IBC
Sep 5, 2012 – At IBC, TechnoTrend Görler (TTG) is exhibiting highlights that focus on hybrid IPTV solutions, new middleware, Push VOD, and entry-level set top boxes with different encryption systems.
News categories: TechnoTrend Görler, Conditional Access, IBC2023, Middleware, Set Top Box
DVB At IBC 2010
Sep 10, 2010 – At this year's IBC, DVB is demonstrating its second-generation broadcast transmission systems. Visitors to the DVB stand can see, for the first time ever, live High Definition 3DTV broadcasts of all three standards - DVB-T2, DVB-S2 and DVB-C2.
News categories: DVB Project, Cable TV, DVB-C2, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, IBC2023, Satellite, Terrestrial
Kathrein Selects ANT for HbbTV Devices
May 4, 2010 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has been selected by global high tech telecommunications company Kathrein, to deploy HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) services on its new range of set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: ANT plc, Kathrein, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
TechnoTrend integrated into the Kathrein Group
Feb 23, 2009 – Grassau based Görler Telekom GmbH, a Kathrein Group company, is taking over TechnoTrend GmbH in a so-called asset deal. TechnoTrend GmbH has sites in Erfurt and Unterfoehring near Munich.
News categories: TechnoTrend, Kathrein, Germany, MandA, Set Top Box
Gemstar-TV Guide Announces Expansion of European Patent Licensing Through Three New Agreements With Leading German-Based Consumer Electronic Manufacturers
Oct 18, 2007 – Gemstar-TV Guide International (NASDAQ: GMST) has announced continued expansion of its patent licensing program in Europe, recently signing three new patent license agreements with leading German-based consumer electronic (CE) companies.
News categories: Gemstar-TV Guide, Loewe Opta, Metz, KATHREIN, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service