Digital TV News: Kathrein
Opera to power KATHREIN TechnoTrend set-top boxes
Jun 4, 2013 – Opera Software and KATHREIN TechnoTrend have announced that the Opera Devices Software Development Kit (SDK) will launch on a variety of KATHREIN TechnoTrend set-top box models. The new set-top boxes will be previewed at the ANGA COM show.
News categories: Opera Software, KATHREIN TechnoTrend, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
TechnoTrend Görler shows latest set-top boxes at IBC
Sep 5, 2012 – At IBC, TechnoTrend Görler (TTG) is exhibiting highlights that focus on hybrid IPTV solutions, new middleware, Push VOD, and entry-level set top boxes with different encryption systems.
News categories: TechnoTrend Görler, Conditional Access, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box
DVB At IBC 2010
Sep 10, 2010 – At this year's IBC, DVB is demonstrating its second-generation broadcast transmission systems. Visitors to the DVB stand can see, for the first time ever, live High Definition 3DTV broadcasts of all three standards - DVB-T2, DVB-S2 and DVB-C2.
News categories: DVB Project, Cable TV, DVB-C2, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, IBC2022, Satellite, Terrestrial
Kathrein Selects ANT for HbbTV Devices
May 4, 2010 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has been selected by global high tech telecommunications company Kathrein, to deploy HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) services on its new range of set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: ANT plc, Kathrein, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
TechnoTrend integrated into the Kathrein Group
Feb 23, 2009 – Grassau based Görler Telekom GmbH, a Kathrein Group company, is taking over TechnoTrend GmbH in a so-called asset deal. TechnoTrend GmbH has sites in Erfurt and Unterfoehring near Munich.
News categories: TechnoTrend, Kathrein, Germany, MandA, Set Top Box
Gemstar-TV Guide Announces Expansion of European Patent Licensing Through Three New Agreements With Leading German-Based Consumer Electronic Manufacturers
Oct 18, 2007 – Gemstar-TV Guide International (NASDAQ: GMST) has announced continued expansion of its patent licensing program in Europe, recently signing three new patent license agreements with leading German-based consumer electronic (CE) companies.
News categories: Gemstar-TV Guide, Loewe Opta, Metz, KATHREIN, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion