Digital TV News: LG
Smart TVs may lose support after only two years, Which? finds
Jan 13, 2023 – Expensive, high-end smart products risk losing features and functionality or posing a security risk after as little as two years because manufacturers are failing to provide vital tech updates, Which? has found.
News categories: Which?, Rocio Concha, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, UK
Shipments of TV panels projected to drop 2.8% YoY in 2023
Jan 11, 2023 – The recent decline of the global economy has significantly dampened the outlook for sales of TVs. As a result, TrendForce expects shipments of TV panels to fall by 2.8% YoY to a total of 264 million units for 2023.
News categories: TrendForce, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
UEI expands software and services for whole home control
Jan 6, 2023 – To deal with the challenge of onboarding, troubleshooting, and supporting connected devices across different ecosystems, UEI [NASDAQ: UEIC] has expanded its offering beyond just control introducing several services to help consumers.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Arsham Hatambeiki, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Jan 5, 2023 – Miami TV viewers can now experience the future of broadcasting as four stations join together to launch NEXTGEN TV. Viewers have available four OTA channels: WTVJ, WSCV, WFOR and WLTV. WPBT will participate as a test service.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
LG TVs gain expanded selection of gamer-centric services
Jan 7, 2023 – LG is demonstrating its commitment to gaming on TV with a webOS UI update that features a dedicated gaming hub, the addition of Amazon Luna cloud gaming, and streaming gameplay at 4K 60fps via NVIDIA GeForce NOW.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, UX
VIDAA brings Smart TV OS to the U.S. market with Hisense
Jan 6, 2023 – VIDAA has launched its OS in the U.S. market on Hisense Smart TVs following a large-scale deployment in Latin America, completing the global distribution of VIDAA in all major markets.
News categories: VIDAA, Guy Edri, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
LG introduces TV with Zero Connect wireless technology
Jan 4, 2023 – LG has introduced its 97" LG SIGNATURE OLED M (model M3) TV with Zero Connect technology. Unlike conventional TVs, the M3 comes with a separate Zero Connect box that sends video and audio signals wirelessly to the TV's 97" screen.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
CTA lowers revenue forecast for U.S. technology sector
Jan 3, 2023 – Research from the CTA projects U.S. technology retail revenues of $485 billion in 2023. This new data puts revenues slightly above pre-pandemic levels, following a three-year surge that peaked in 2021.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Telenet extends EOS video platform agreement with Liberty Global
Dec 22, 2022 – In 2019, Telenet and Liberty Global entered into an agreement regarding the EOS video platform. Telenet has now made a new deal with Liberty Global that extends this agreement, adding two further technology applications.
News categories: Telenet, Liberty Global, Belgium, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December