Digital TV News: LG
Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
May 31, 2023 – Tenstorrent and LG are collaborating to build a new generation of RISC-V, AI, and video codec chiplets to potentially power LG's premium TV and automotive products of the future.
News categories: Tenstorrent, LG Electronics, Jim Keller, Byoung-hoon Kim, Digital TV, In-Car, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
May 29, 2023 – Coinciding with regional and local elections, and thanks to technology from The Channel Store, EL PAIS began broadcasting daily live coverage of the elections on its FAST channel.
News categories: The Channel Store, El País, Fernando García Calvo, Carlos de Vega, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
May 25, 2023 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) has reported results for the quarter ended March 31, 2023. Total global OTT subscribers increased by 1.3 million in the sequential quarter, on a pro forma basis.
News categories: Lionsgate, Jon Feltheimer, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Avanci Broadcast adds ETRI, KPN, NEC & NERC-DTV as ATSC 3.0 IP licensors
May 22, 2023 – Avanci Broadcast, the one-stop licensing platform for ATSC 3.0, has announced the addition of four new licensors - ETRI, KPN, NEC and NERC-DTV.
News categories: Avanci Broadcast, Ilkka Rahnasto, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Omdia reveals market is favoring China panel makers
May 16, 2023 – Competition from China’s top tier TV makers is on the rise with TCL and Hisense accounting for 24% of TV panel purchases in 1Q23, up from 22% in 2022, and higher than the historical average of 19%.
News categories: Omdia, Deborah Yang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Tyroo to market LG Ads CTV solutions in Southeast Asia
May 16, 2023 – LG Ad Solutions has announced that it has signed up Tyroo as a reseller of its CTV native advertising formats in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.
News categories: Tyroo, LG Ad Solutions, Siddharth Puri, Serge Matta, Advertising, Digital TV, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Smart TV, Thailand
PikoTV partners with MwareTV for complete live TV streaming solution
May 15, 2023 – MwareTV has formed a partnership with PikoTV to offer a complete, cloud-hosted service to deliver and manage a rich live TV channel offering available across multiple end user devices.
News categories: MwareTV, PikoTV, Sander Kerstens, Ali Kizil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Openview launches pay-TV bouquet in S. Africa with NAGRA security
Apr 20, 2023 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Openview, a free-to-air satellite TV service in South Africa, has extended its relationship with NAGRA to secure Ultraview, its new pay-TV offering.
News categories: NAGRA, eMedia Investments, Openview, Nancy Goldberg, Khalik Sherrif, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
Sinclair, Gray, Graham & Capitol adopt Verance NextGen TV watermarking
Apr 14, 2023 – Verance has made agreements with Sinclair Broadcast, Gray Television, Graham Media Group and Capitol Broadcasting to implement the Verance Aspect audio watermark on stations across the groups.
News categories: Verance, Sinclair Broadcast, Gray Television, Graham Media, Capitol Broadcasting, Nil Shah, Mike Kralec, David Burke, Anthony Plosz, Peter Sockett, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028