Digital TV News: Morgan Stanley
Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment Enterprises agree merger
Dec 22, 2021 – Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI) and Zee Entertainment Enterprises (ZEEL) have signed definitive agreements to merge ZEEL with and into SPNI and combine their linear networks, digital assets, production operations and program libraries.
News categories: Zee Entertainment, Sony Pictures Networks India, Punit Goenka, N.P. Singh, Digital TV, India, MandA, Streaming
Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
Apr 14, 2021 – Tele Columbus (ISIN: DE000TCAG172, WKN: TCAG17) has announced that with antitrust clearance now granted, the takeover offer by Kublai GmbH, backed by Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners, can be completed.
News categories: Tele Columbus, Morgan Stanley, Dr. Daniel Ritz, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, MandA
Scripps completes acquisition of ION Media
Jan 7, 2021 – Scripps (NASDAQ: SSP) and Black Diamond Capital Management have closed Scripps' acquisition of ION Media Networks. Scripps is combining ION with the Katz networks and Newsy to create a national U.S. TV networks business.
News categories: Scripps, Black Diamond, Adam Symson, Christopher W. Parker, Content Distribution, MandA, USA
CBS and Viacom to combine
Aug 13, 2019 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A, CBS) and Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB) have agreed to merge. The combined company, ViacomCBS, will be a global, multiplatform, premium content company, with the assets, capabilities and scale to be one of the most important content producers and providers in the world.
News categories: Viacom, CBS, Bob Bakish, Joe Ianniello, Shari Redstone, Digital TV, MandA, USA, Worldwide
Millicom acquires Telefónica’s operations in Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua
Feb 20, 2019 – Millicom has announced that it has entered into agreements with Telefónica to acquire the entire share capital of Telefónica Móviles Panamá, Telefónica de Costa Rica and Telefonía Celular de Nicaragua for a combined enterprise value of $1,650 million.
News categories: Millicom, Telefónica, Mauricio Ramos, Costa Rica, MandA, Nicaragua, Panama
Opera sells majority of its connected TV business
Dec 20, 2016 – Opera Software and Moore Frères & Company, an investment holding company focused exclusively on the tech, media, and telecom industries, have announced that Moore Frères has acquired a majority, controlling stake in Opera TV.
News categories: Opera TV, Moore Frères, Lars Boilesen, Aneesh Rajaram, Martez R. Moore, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Streaming, Worldwide
Morgan Stanley: DTV to Grow 300% in China
Dec 3, 2007 – Li Weidong, Executive Director with Morgan Stanley, predicted December 2 that the number of digital TV users in China will triple annually for the next three years - making DTV China's fastest growing consumer sector.
News categories: Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December