Digital TV News: NDS Group
Broadcom Announces NDS Certification on 15 Connected Home Platforms
Mar 19, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that it has received NDS certification on 15 of its set-top box systems-on-a-chip. Broadcom's platforms are now certified with NDS VideoGuard Security Kernel and DVB-CSA3 descrambler system.
News categories: Broadcom, NDS Group, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire NDS
Mar 15, 2012 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced its intent to acquire NDS. The acquisition will complement and accelerate the delivery of Videoscape™, Cisco's platform that enables service providers and media companies to deliver next-generation entertainment experiences.
News categories: Cisco Systems, NDS Group, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
NDS MediaHighway Enables Advanced Services for Sky Italia
Mar 14, 2012 – NDS has announced that Sky Italia has selected NDS' MediaHighway® set-top-box software to enable an advanced user experience for its subscribers. The new deployment includes the introduction of a new EPG and enhanced interactive features.
News categories: NDS Group, Sky Italia, Italy, Middleware, Satellite
Industry Players Unite to Promote MPEG-DASH Adaptive Streaming
Feb 22, 2012 – A group of technology leaders has announced the creation of the DASH Promoters Group, a new organization dedicated to driving the broad adoption of MPEG's DASH (dynamic adaptive streaming over HTTP) standard, which was ratified in November 2011.
News categories: DASH Promoters Group, Streaming
NDS Secures CI+ Modules for Kabel BW
Feb 21, 2012 – NDS has announced that Kabel BW, the third largest cable TV operator in Germany, have launched Common Interface Plus (CI+) modules based on the NDS VideoGuard® conditional access (CA) system.
News categories: NDS Group, Kabel BW, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV
Bouygues Telecom Selects NDS To Provide Software Components for New IPTV Platform
Feb 15, 2012 – NDS has announced that it has been selected by Bouygues Telecom to support the deployment of its IPTV platform including their new set-top box, the Bbox. NDS is providing STB integration services and a selection of critical software components.
News categories: NDS Group, Bouygues Telecom, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics and NDS Announce Certification of New Security Technologies in Latest Generation Set-Top Box Chips
Dec 7, 2011 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced the availability of set-top box decoder chips certified for next-generation security and content protection technologies that include the NDS VideoGuard Security Kernel and DVB-CSA3 descrambler system.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, NDS Group, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
NDS Powers New Kabel Deutschland HD Set-Top Box
Nov 2, 2011 – NDS has announced that Kabel Deutschland has launched a new HD set-top box (STB) powered by NDS technologies. The new box includes NDS' MediaHighway® STB software, VideoGuard® conditional access, an NDS VOD solution and a customized EPG.
News categories: NDS Group, Kabel Deutschland, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Middleware, Set Top Box
NDS Reaches 20 Million Digital Homes in India
Oct 19, 2011 – NDS has announced that in the Indian pay-TV market its technology is providing an enhanced TV viewing experience in 20 million homes. With an estimated average of five people per household, NDS is enabling TV for 100 million viewers.
News categories: NDS Group, Cable TV, Conditional Access, India, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers